We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
My parents didn't have to try! All three of us were surprises. My daughter was a BIG surprise. With my son, I wasn't trying, but wasn't preventing for 2 years. The thing was, there was only a few days each month that my ex was home, and things weren't great at that point, so even when he was home, there usually wasn't much sex going on. lol
My new DH and I have now been trying since March 2006. This is my 17th cycle!
With my sister and me, mom got off the pill one month and got pregnant before she saw another period. My brother was a surprise...they were preventing, but didn't realize the spermies could live that long.
MY DH is one of 6. They're all about 2 years apart except for him and the next oldest sister- his mom had a miscarriage in between them. Since they're pretty evenly spread out, I'm assuming no problems.
My parents didn't have any problems conceiving. I was conceived during the third cycle and same with my sister. I don't think dh's parents had any problems since there are seven kids in the family plus one miscarriage.
I know what's stopping me from conceiving, though, and while endo can run in families, there's no history of it as far as we know and my other problem is a birth defect. It's funny because the uterine septum (which is the birth defect) didn't cause any problems with me conceiving the previous three times (my two boys and one miscarriage), although it probably played a roll in the miscarriage.
I read recently that in women with a uterine septum only 20% end up in full term babies and the other 80% are miscarriages. So, I feel very blessed to have two healthy boys that I had no pregnancy complications with.
Mommy to Brandon (8) and Edward (6)
Emma and Ellie (7 Months)