Why am I not puking????

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
amandajolynn88's Avatar Super Mommy
2 years ago I had a blighted ovum (discovered at 10 wks). The only pregnancy symptoms I had were sore bb's and some stretching cramps when I was about 7 wks. This time, I have had exhaustion, REALLY sore bb's, stretching cramps since 4 wks, some changes in taste and smell, and mild queasiness.

Why can't I be happy with my symptoms? I feel like I should be much more sick than I am at 5.5 wks. I'm actually feeling a little better than I was . My levels at 4 wks 4 days were hcg 925, progesterone 40, which seems good, but I want to feel like crap! Of course, even if I did, I would probably think my levels were too high and the pregnancy is molar...there is just no pleasing me...lol.

Honestly, I never get sick, so maybe that's why. I haven't thrown up in 7 years (seriously...7 years). I just wish I knew everything was going to be okay....

Angel baby 03/06
#1 due 12/07/08!!!!
April 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the strongest stomach ever! But I have had horrible m/s with my DD and this baby. But each time it does not hit me until I am in my 6th week. It might just be too soon for you. Give it time and I am sure you will be puking by mid-month.

April 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
To make you feel better, I have not thrown up once with this pregnancy! and my baby is a very very healthy baby
and that was while taking progesterone suppositories, which is suppose to make you sicker. But I just never got sick.

So I am sure your baby is fine
April 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
try not to worry about not throwing up......but just to let you know...I started at around 6 1/2 weeks....and didnt stop til 13 so you never know!

April 9th, 2008, 09:54 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
No throwing up here!!! YAY!! I was thrilled I never had to and really didn't have too many other symptoms either. Yet it scared me so much b/c it was the exact same way with my first pg and I didn't want this one to end the same way.

I was just thankful that I had the ones I did. Just a little daily reminder that my little one was still growing.
April 9th, 2008, 09:57 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i started getting sick sometime in my 6th week- close to 7. & i was on progesterone suppositories & still only got sick a handful of times total during my first trimester.
April 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure your baby is just fine, but I totally understand that you are worried. I wanted to be sick too!
With both of my dds I had HORRIBLE all day everyday nausea from week 6-13. With my m/c I wasn't sick at all, except for maybe a day or 2.
With this pg I haven't been sick either, so of course I was so worried! But I'm almost 14 weeks now and the baby is just fine. I rented a doppler and I listen to the gorgeous hb everyday.
I guess it is true when they say every pg is different. You really don't have to be sick to have a healthy baby!

April 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was sick with my loss. It started at about 5 weeks and didn't stop for about a week after my d and c. And with this healthy bean I've been throwing up since week 5 up until a week ago it was all day everyday. Now it's just in the morning with all day nausea and heartburn. But I work in an operating room with all sorts of fun smells so my first trimester just sucked. And I know my mom threw up all through both of her pregnancies and so did her twin sister. So I'm guessing mine is some bad genetics Throwing up doesn't equal a healthy pregnancy. Like a few people said they haven't thrown up once and have a healthy baby!!! Good luck !!!
April 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With Abby I only got sick a handful of times. I started feeling like I was going to be sick around 10 weeks and it lasted until about 13 weeks, but I seriously only threw up very few times. I also wore sea bands to help with the sickness feeling though. I am not sure if you take vitamin b6 or not but that is supposed to help with m/s, so if you are taking that maybe you will just be one of the lucky ones and not have it. I know how reassuring it is to have those symptoms though. The way I am trying to look at this is as long as I have at least one symptom every day, then its a good thing. Sometimes it starts adding on another symptom and that gives me more relief. Like right now, gassy and tender bbs' and in the past few days I got a new one of running to the potty often. Its so funny that we pray for puking. lol

April 10th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way with this pregnancy but you know, I didn't have ANY symptoms with my son's pregnancy except backne. yuck. I didn't have food cravings, food adversions, tender ta-ta, not much of any of the classic symptoms and he came out just perfect

But........... if you want up-chuck dust just say that word and I'll send it your way LOL

April 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM
amandajolynn88's Avatar Super Mommy
So funny story...the day I wrote this topic I started feeling really awful in the afternoon. I thought I had just let myself get too tired, so I took a nap. When I woke up, I still felt awful...and it has been on and off since then...especially after I eat and when I get up in the middle of the night or early in the morning. Still no puking...but I'm definitely feeling crappy now. I am not even 6 wks yet, so vomiting may still come, but I am feeling much better about this pregnancy now

Angel baby 03/06
#1 due 12/07/08!!!!
April 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for feeling puky!!! Isn't it funny the things we mommies wish for (I did the same thing)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search