How to make it through?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so how do I not freak out at every little twinge or anything else that happens to me?

I'm having slight pains, not cramps though, but in a 'normal' AF cramp spot if that makes any sense. These things can be normal right?

In one respect my mind wants to say oh this is just normal, then my mind says umm hello how do you know this isn't a horrible sign

I guess I just needed to talk to someone about it, thanks ladies
April 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally normal - I think, as long as they don't feel menstrual like. Would you describe them as short and sharp?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
April 30th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Thats normal...as long as they arent sharp or shooting pains. Its just the baby is getting comfy in there

April 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure what you're feeling is normal, just the little bean snuggling in for a long ride. It is difficult to not worry, though - I've spent just about every week trying to tell myself everything is fine, but I do get nervous about any little cramp or oddity. Just par for the course after a m/c I think. I'm sure your lil bean is perfect, though.
April 30th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok so how do I not freak out at every little twinge or anything else that happens to me?

I'm having slight pains, not cramps though, but in a 'normal' AF cramp spot if that makes any sense. These things can be normal right?

In one respect my mind wants to say oh this is just normal, then my mind says umm hello how do you know this isn't a horrible sign

I guess I just needed to talk to someone about it, thanks ladies[/b]
I am so sorry you have to go through this too. You could just do like me and run to the dr. or hospital every time I feel something. lol Be careful of that one though, because they can scare you even more than you can do on your own. As long as there is no bleeding, cramping is normal. If they aren't any worse than af type cramps, like your not bent over in pain, then it can be very normal. The dr. at the ER told me that between 5-8 weeks there is a ton of stretching of ligaments and it causes a lot of cramping. Its just so hard not to worry. I keep telling myself to just enjoy every single minute of this pregnancy and stop worrying about the things I can't change. I hope that you will find something that will help calm your nerves too.

April 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They were more like twinges and not really painful. I'm pretty sure they were normal. Thanks ladies, it's nice having someone around who doesn't think I'm nuts, or at least too nuts
April 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have cramped this whole pregnancy. They are not painful just pulling feeling. My doctor said it is perfectly normal in the early part b/c everything is shifting and stretching. Just mention this to your doctor at your next appointment. Mine actually did an u/s to check my cervix and that put my mind at easy.

It is hard being pg after loss. Just take it day by day and you will end up alright

April 30th, 2008, 09:14 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am going to echo babygoose and say take it day by day. we all pretty much worry about every little thing.

and those twinges sound very normal & just like what i felt the first few weeks after i found out i was pregnant. i asked my doctor and he explained that they were actually good b/c it meant that i was growing and things were streching out.
April 30th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I actually had cramps bad enough with Cora at the beginning that I called my mother in tears because I thought I was going to miscarry. I even spotted. But...nope. I cramps with Erin too, just not as bad.

It's hard not to be afraid. Just take deep breaths, and do stuff to distract yourself! That's what I had to do, anyway.

April 30th, 2008, 10:07 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Jenn,

I had those pains too early on. and FREAKED OUT!!
I really thnk it is just the baby getting a nice strong hold onto everything
then they can yank and stretch everything later on

April 30th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on your pregnancy hunny!! I am so excited for you!

Pregnancy after a loss IS hard - particularly emotionally! Sadly, I think the only thing you can really do is take it one day at a time, and try to think positively. We're ALL here for you!

April 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In my first trimester, I always have AF cramps!!! It will feel just like AF is coming!! LOL, but she never shows.

I also get stabbing pain and pulling pain. so much is happening down there at this time, it will be okay!!

BUT it is normal to freak, I did all the time, and remember, STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!LOL
April 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
In my first trimester, I always have AF cramps!!! It will feel just like AF is coming!! LOL, but she never shows.

I also get stabbing pain and pulling pain. so much is happening down there at this time, it will be okay!!

BUT it is normal to freak, I did all the time, and remember, STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!LOL[/b]

DITTO!! Google is evil!!!

May 1st, 2008, 05:33 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS. I had cramping too and I know, you can't not worry. The two things that got me through it all was POAS to watch the line get darker and then once it was darker than the control I stopped testing. Shortly after I stopped temping so that I wouldn't cause myself more worry. If I had a freak out moment I would test but that was only a couple time after I was supposed to completely stop. The other thing is just taking it one day at a time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search