Dee...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2008, 10:56 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know you are a type I but I was wondering if you notice Katies movements are fewer when your blood sugars are high?

My fasting and breakfast numbers have been pretty bad Fasting has been over 100 and 2 hours after breakfast (for a 30g carb breakfast) has been 150's. But I was wondering if that could be making Scott slugish.

What do you think?

April 30th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am type 1 too and I just wanted to say that I definitely noticed less movements with higher sugars. Low sugars and Abby would go crazy in there. Are you on insulin now or just pills? I just wanted to let you know that usually hormones are at their highest at breakfast time and so most women with GD limit their breakfast to just one carb serving (like one slice of toast with and egg and a little bit of sausage or bacon) or about 15-20 carbs to keep that pesky breakfast number lower. You should talk to your dr. about it though if you are concerned.

April 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I have GD and I am not on anything yet. We are trying diet control. It worked well when I had GD with DD.

The dietition put me on a 45/60/60 diet with 2 15g carb snacks! That seemed really really really high to me and my numbers were out of control for the 1st week. So I adjusted it myself to 30/45/45 with two 15g carb snacks and a protien snack before bed. This seems to have helped but my morning numbers are still high.

I might try cutting my breakfast back to 15 to see if that helps. I just worry about the keytone thing b/c I am not testing. I was told not to worry about it. I don't go back to my doctor until 5/15 so I am debating on wether I should call him. He is a type I also and really helpful.

Thanks for the advise Mrs. Poe! I was starting to see a pattern in my BS and Scotts movements so I just wanted to make sure I am not crazy

April 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I think Rhonda covered alot !
I am type 2..and on insulin now for the pregnancy. Honestly, I have noticed a difference in her movements.
todays fasting was um...not so good ! 123..I got up in the middle of the night and had a BAD snack....and she has been on the go since 6 am

I do think everyone is different and we all process sugars & carbs at different rates. I would definately talk to your dr. about it.
keep us posted on what you are told and how those sugars are doing !

~HUGS~

May 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have GD and I am not on anything yet. We are trying diet control. It worked well when I had GD with DD.

The dietition put me on a 45/60/60 diet with 2 15g carb snacks! That seemed really really really high to me and my numbers were out of control for the 1st week. So I adjusted it myself to 30/45/45 with two 15g carb snacks and a protien snack before bed. This seems to have helped but my morning numbers are still high.

I might try cutting my breakfast back to 15 to see if that helps. I just worry about the keytone thing b/c I am not testing. I was told not to worry about it. I don't go back to my doctor until 5/15 so I am debating on wether I should call him. He is a type I also and really helpful.

Thanks for the advise Mrs. Poe! I was starting to see a pattern in my BS and Scotts movements so I just wanted to make sure I am not crazy [/b]
What are your fasting numbers? If they are over 100 3 mornings in a row then I would call your doctor. I understand you wanting to control it with diet if possible, but unfortunately the further along you get the harder that is going to be and especially without starving yourself. You need your nutrients for baby, so you can't cut out carbs completely. If you cut the breakfast down to 15 carbs, you can add an extra 15 carbs between the other meals or snacks. It is still important to have carbs, just breakfast is sometimes harder. Oh and if you have to go to shots for some reason, they really aren't that bad. At least with taking shots, you can eat more of the things you enjoy, even the sweets in moderation! :-) Be sure to let us know what the dr. says.

May 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the advise Mrs. Poe! I was starting to see a pattern in my BS and Scotts movements so I just wanted to make sure I am not crazy [/b]
What are your fasting numbers? If they are over 100 3 mornings in a row then I would call your doctor. I understand you wanting to control it with diet if possible, but unfortunately the further along you get the harder that is going to be and especially without starving yourself. You need your nutrients for baby, so you can't cut out carbs completely. If you cut the breakfast down to 15 carbs, you can add an extra 15 carbs between the other meals or snacks. It is still important to have carbs, just breakfast is sometimes harder. Oh and if you have to go to shots for some reason, they really aren't that bad. At least with taking shots, you can eat more of the things you enjoy, even the sweets in moderation! :-) Be sure to let us know what the dr. says.
[/b]
ITA !
it makes it so much easier Imo

May 1st, 2008, 01:50 PM
Here are my fasting numbers from this week:
M 103
T 87
W 93
R 105

I thought the snack before bed was helping but I am not sure. I am still doing 30g of carbs for breakfast and all my numbers have failed this week. So I am going to go down to 15. But when I cute my carbs I up my protien. If I feel hungry at all I still get sick feeling so I promise I am not going to starve myself I weighted ummmm *says in a whisper* 181 before I got pregnant so I obviously do not have a problem eating. But I am trying to stay in the 15-20lb gain range for this pregnancy, doctors advise.

I think I am going to give it just one more week and then call. My doctors appointment is on the 15th so I am going to see him soon anyways. I have a feeling that my GD will not be diet controled this time My fasting and morning numbers are just so bad. But my lunch and dinner numbers are good. I think it is just the mommy hormones.

Where do you take your shots? belly?!?!?! I am really creeped out by that!

May 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
they are not terrible....I dont think anwyay !
have they done and A1C blood test on you yet? that tells alot also if sugars are "out of control"
years ago my A1C was 19.9...normal is 7.0 or lower
with this pregnancy it is 5.6
I was told morning sugars should be 70-90....so you are not that far out of line.....

I do my shots in my belly or ab.....its a small,thin needle, and honestly I dont feel it at all !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search