Really need to cry and vent.....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just call DH, but it's 3 am where he is and he's sleeping.....

So today I got news that we were pre approved for the house...YAY, right...So I am going about my day as excited and nervous as you can get....in the most happy way of course...

I take my son to his T-ball practice, and I get back and listen to the voicemails...its my doctors nurse....she says to call her as soon as I get this message....only it's too late to call her back by the time I get back.

So here's the deal......I had an OB appointment on the 21st where I did the AFP (I think it's called) the bloodwork that checks for Downs, Trisomy 18, and neural tube defects....

Then on the 24th, I had my big u/s...so Im sure he just got those results in....but I dont know about the blood tests......

And because I can't just call her back up I have to wait until tomorrow...I don't have the kind of OB that just randomly calls his patients to check and see how they are...no news is good news....and if it's to reschedule an appointment, it is usually done by central appointments..

SO.....my mind starts to wonder (and worry) that there is something wrong with my baby....like on the ultrasound or maybe the results were higher than normal...or maybe he is calling to tell me I have to do lighter duty things because of the placenta being right on top of the cervix....Im telling you....if there is something wrong with this pregnancy, they can just go ahead and admit me into the nearest mental ward....

I can't stop crying......
April 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh honey try not to freak out! It could just be something really small or even nothing but good news. Also I have heard more than one person say nurses have scared them by the way or tone used to tell them something. I hope you can get some sleep tonight. Let us know tomorow what they have told you.

April 30th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh sweety I am so sorry you are so worried I would be worried too, but i am sure everything is okay with your baby!!!! was your placenta low?? they could be calling because of that.

They could be calling for good news!!

I was told by my dr. today that the AFP test usually takes over 4 wks for the results to come in.

Itll be okay, you are in my thoughts and prayers okay!!!
April 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls...I hate sounding like such a train wreck.....Heather...yes placenta was completely on top of my cervix at the u/s...they can't put you on bedrest this early can they??? I don't have time for bedrest....I realize maybe it could be protein or a little sugar in my urine or a UTI or something....but this is beyond stressful....how am I going to sleep tonight???

I don't think nurses should be allowed to leave any messages that they called until they get the patient on the phone! And I do think they are allowed to leave good news messages-just not bad news, right? Ok I really need to stop....

I will be sure to let you know what she says in the morning...I would love to be sooo wrong and say that I worried over nothing, but I can't until tomorrow....hopefully I can say that.....

These ups and downs are killing me and I dont' even know why I had a tubal reversal and I never want to go through this again-EVER! And Im getting really sick with a cough and cold so far no fever and I am just stressed out to the max...All I would like to do is go and get a friggin hotel room by myself and let my ma take care of the kids for one or two nights...

I am so illogical and hormonal its' not even funny....Thanks for listening girls!

Smooches!
April 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
((hugs)) sending you lots of positive vibes hunny

May 1st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure everything is fine....KUP
May 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS, I hope that you get can hear back from the doc first things this morning. You're right, they shouldn't leave message like that. One of the things I liked about my old doc office is she would just record a message to me and then I would get a call telling me that I have a message. I could retrieve it any time of the day. I wish all docs would be able to do that type of thing. Don't they know that pregnancy is not always so carefree and that people worry. ERRR Sorry that that happened. I really hope it is just to share only good news.

May 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thinking of you. hope all is okay with you and baby!
kup!
May 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I wish I would have seen this yeseterday !

I hope everything is ok sweetie, please update us when you can!

~HUGS~

May 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just thinking of you. Have you had a chance to talke with the OB office today? KUP I'll be praying that everything is fine!

May 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I JUST got off the phone with the nurse. The verdict is...complete pelvic rest unless I start bleeding or contracting then we are on to bedrest...Guess I don't have to worry about sex when DH gets back....I am really sick now with a cough and feel like garbage, but at least my little boy is growing and doing great! I can't complain! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

Why oh why do they wait until the end of the day to call??? So you are waiting all friggin day to hear what the problem is....especially after a loss......it would be nice if they could prioritize by the level of emergency and who has had a loss before...*rolls eyes*

Anyway, all is well I'm just sick with this bug thing and really tired.

Thank you all!
May 1st, 2008, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WHEW!! I have been sooooo worried about you!!!

I am so glad everything is okay!!

sorry about the pelvic rest I really hope you dont bleed or contract!! Just take it easy.
May 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad it's just pelvic rest! I hope you feel better soon
May 2nd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad everything is okay Sorry you had to go through all that crap. I would have been freaking out too!
May 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh you poor thing, I am so sorry you had to go through that! I am really glad all is okay though.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search