How Long????

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
mrsasham's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mrsasham
How long did everyone wait before telling their parents or other family members about the baby?? I am worried about getting everyone excited and (knock on wood) having something happen???

May 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I told close friends and family right away, I wanted all the prayers and positive thoughts out there possible.

I didnt tell acquantances and stuff until the 2nd trimester.
May 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I blabbed immediately !
I just could not help it !

May 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We told close friends and family right away, b/c we would need their love and support if something happened. But we didn't tell everyone until the 2nd tri.

May 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Aspen (my first loss) I told everyone right away, m/c never entered my mind.

With Skyla (my second loss) I told close friends and family, I figured I would need their support if I m/c again.

With Keene (my 3rd loss) I told one friend but only because we tested together but no one else. To this day no one knows I had 3 losses

With this pregnancy 2 friends know. One that was stalking my chart and one that just asked me this weekend because she said she had a feeling and called me to ask. I couldn't dodge the question and believe me, I tried to sidetrack her so I caved and told her. I'll tell my parents when they come up this month and everyone else shortly after (I'll be 11 weeks).

I'll also tell everyone about my 3rd loss eventually, the right time hasn't happened yet though.

May 7th, 2008, 01:36 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i had four losses before this pregnancy & my parents, sister & two best friends have been very supportive throughout all of them.
with this pregnancy, i told all of them immediately (i knew they would really want to know), but we waited until about 13 weeks to tell other people such as extended family and co-workers.
May 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
To be honest the only ones that knew i was pregnant again was my JM girls. I kept my mouth shut to my parents, till my dads birthday. and i was 14 weeks. and i stunned them when he opened the card and her u/s picture came out. LOL..

Dwayne didnt tell his parents till 2 months ago. Cause they are VERY rude, and dont think we should be having anymore.

We didnt really tell anyone till i knew for sure that things were going to be fine.

May 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
mrsasham's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to mrsasham
I think I am going to wait agfter 5 miscarriages and losing Rennon last year you laddies and my dh are the only ones Im sharing this with right now!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search