We're home!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
sunnie83
Hello girls! I am sorry I've been missing for awhile but I have a GOOD excuse..As my baby was born and I've been busier than ever, but the happiest at the same time! Heres my story and a few pictures!

My water broke at 1pm on May 4th, JUST after we drove 90 minutes to my parents house to eat lunch and spend the day with them. We were only there 30 minutes before we were driving back home to head to the hospital. I didn't have contractions at first, but then in the car they starting coming quickly and we timed them about 4 minutes apart. By the time I got to the hospital the DR checked me and I was 4 cm and contracting regularly - they admitted me at 3:30pm and I got started on the monitors. The contractions then started coming every 2 minutes and very intense. It was around 6pm that I had to use the bathroom and when I stood up I felt an extreme amount of pressure. My mom paged the nurse and she checked me - the nurse was amazed that I was already 8-9cm dilated (and NO pain medication at this point either) so they called the doctor in to confirm it and indeed I was. I started to become freaked out about having a natural birth so I asked for a nubain shot which they gave me at 6:30pm. The nubain took away the sharp stabbing pains but I was still feeling extreme pressure and pain with the contractions - but I had excellent coaches (my DH, mom & mil) who helped me get through it all. I began pushing but had a "lip" that his head couldn't get over - around 9:15pm the DR made the decision to give me an episotomy and deliver the baby. I didn't care at that point about being cut I just wanted him "out" and "pronto".

So at 9:26pm after 6 short but hard hours of labor Josiah Harold was born! He weighed 8lbs 4oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. He has the cutest little brown hair and is such a good baby!! He nurses great now, we had a little trouble at first but now we're on a schedule and things seem to be progressing well! As for me, I am sore - but doing pretty good. I haven't had any pain medicine for 12+ hours now and seem to be functioning okay - I just have to move carefully and slowly. My DH is WONDERFUL and such a great father - I have never felt so much love for my DH and our baby as these last few days - I am so excited to be a mother and love my life so much more than ever before. God is sooo great to have blessed us with this little boy!

We'll heres a few pictures - I will try to post some more later but I'm exhausted and Josiah needs to be fed! Thanks for all your kind thoughts and words!

May 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's gorgeous!! Congratulations and great job Mama!!!

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
May 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww!We haven't heard from you in awhile!He has the sweetest little face!Congrats!
May 7th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well done! Josiah is gorgeous!!! CONGRATS to you and DH!
May 8th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy!

gaby was 8lb4oz too

May 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! He is a beautiful little boy And great job making it to 8-9cm without any pain meds, wonder women!

May 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awwww, hes gorgeous!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
May 8th, 2008, 10:06 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
OMG !!!!

Congratulations !!! He is so adorable !!!!!

take it easy mommy, and update us again when you can !!!!!!

~BIG HUGS~

May 10th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow he is so beautiful! Congrats on a beautiful boy and double congrats on a natural birth. Way to birth Mamma!!!
May 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! He is gorgeous.
May 10th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Josiah is a cutie pie.

CONGRATULATIONS!

May 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is just so precious! Congrats!!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your boy! He is absolutely beautiful!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search