Benjamin's birth story

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wanted to share my birth story with you all.

Friday night the pain started. I just assumed it was contractions and woke Shawn around 3 am. We went to the hospital around 4 am even though they weren't close enough because I couldn't tolerate the pain. I wasn't breathing properly and couldn't handle it. When we showed up the meanest nurse in the world took us into the labour room and put me on the monitor (well just call her Meany cause she's in this story alot). Well it wasn't reading as contractions. She just kept telling me it wasn't contractions. I was on the floor in pain and thinking that if these weren't contractions that there was no way I could make it through labour. So since they weren't contractions she did an internal during a contraction and was yelling at me to keep my legs open while I screamed. Nice eh?
So the doctor came in (the same one that admitted me when I was leaking, she is so nice) and she said I have a irritated uterus or something like that (I didn't hear her Shawn told me after I was in too much pain) and said the contractions were coming and I was 3 cm. I was starting to tighten during them at this point. She offered me morphine which I orginally was against but I had to take it. I couldn't breath even with her trying to help me. I was a little out of control. So she looked over my chart and saw that I was for induction on Tuesday and asked me if I wanted to have my baby today instead of waiting and I told her yes and she said she was going to get things going along for me. So they took me into my labouring room and told me they were going to give me pitocin and asked if I wanted an epi. I orginally wanted to wait it out as long as I could but I was like "YES!" I told Shawn to help me get as far along as I could without an epi and, let's face it, 3 cm is pretty sucky so he was trying to talk me out of it and the doctor was looking at him like he was an idiot I was proud of him for sticking to our plan though. So I got the epi and I am glad that I did. Right after the pitocin drip started my contractions were HUGE! The meany nurse came over and did an IV on me and the stupid nurse got blood everywhere and up my IV. Nice eh?
By 5 pm they were telling me it would be time to push soon. My sister and step Mom were there with me too and my sister kept telling me there were going to turn off my epi so I could push so to be prepared for the pain. I was so scared to push. I could hear the nurses arguing outside my room about calling in the NICU for the baby. I was offically 36 weeks and 6 days. 1 day away from full term. They said anyone before 37 weeks has to have the NICU team at the birth so just to be safe they ended up calling the team in. Because of that they told me at the last minute that my step Mom had to leave and wouldn't be able to attend to the birth with Shawn which was our orginal plan. Well my step Mom was so excited to be a part of it that she started arguing with the nurse. The nurse said she would see what she could do. So they took us into this huge room and I started pushing and it felt so cool. I loved it! I am not sure exactly what happened but they said I was pushing right but that he wasn't coming down right or something so they vacuumed him out. It didn't hurt at all and I still had to push him out so that was cool. And when I looked up during pushing I saw my step Mom was there. They had let her in! So Shawn and my step mom all got see him coming out. They orginally told us that Ben would be whisked upstairs (I guess just to prepare us) but he came out and they put him on me. I never cried so hard in my life! And the NICU dr was so nice and let us hold him. And I never felt any pain, just him coming out. I will update with his story later.
May 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job Mama!!!

Lucky mother to five!

May 7th, 2008, 09:11 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww! At least everyone except the nurse was very nice!
May 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job honey!!!!
May 7th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great job, Sabina! I can't wait to see pics!!! Take it easy and rest up! CONGRATULATIONS!
May 8th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations hunny, I'm so happy for you & DH!

May 8th, 2008, 06:34 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
way to go momma! congratulations!
May 8th, 2008, 06:36 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cool birth story. I am glad that your step mom was able to stay in the room with you and that you got to hold your little guy! You did an awesome job!!!

May 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that was beautiful!!! I am so glad your birth went so well, cannot waitto hear his story and see pics!!!
May 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
too..... seriously. I am sooo happy for you. This has felt like a loooonnnggg 36w6d. I am so happy he is finally home with you. Great job MOMMY!

I love ya girl!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Double ditto to the
Sabina, I am so happy everything went well and you and your family are complete.
I can not wait to see pictures of your little sweetie !!!!!!!!

~big hugs and Congratulations Mommy !!!

May 8th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Good job MOMMA!!! you did great!!

im in tears right now!! I just seen your pictures on FACEBOOK!!!

HES SO BEAUTIFUL MOMMA!!!!! HE LOOKS LIKE YOU...

Im sooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!

May 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Sabina!!! I am dying to see some pics!!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 9th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I am trying to go from bottle to breast now so I am feeding all the time but I should get some time this weekend to tell Bens story and share pics. Sorry if I am not around as much, obviously I have lots to do but I still have my stupid grin on Cant wait to hear how you all are doing.
May 9th, 2008, 11:15 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! And I am sorry about ol' meany!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search