Update to my whole day doc/ER visit

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some of you know that I have been very sick....thought I was getting better, only to have it turn for the worse. I couldn't breathe at all but it wasn't related to pregnancy. So I went into my PCM yesterday oxgen level wasn't too bad--95%. I was given a breathing treatment with the nebulizer which sent my oxygen level to 98%. I was given 2 antibiotics azithromycin and a cepholosporin to take TOGETHER at the same time. If I even so much as LOOK at an antibiotic, I get a yeast infection..no biggie, right? WRONG. I can't just take my happy butt to pick up an over the counter vaginal suppository because THIS doc is not my OB doc but she knew that I was on pelvic rest and was concerned that any vaginal suppository wouldn't be a good option with the complete previa stuff. So she prescribed Diflucan for yeast.

This wasn't the last of the doctors...then she tells me that she wants me to go to the ER to rule out a PE (pulmanary embolism-blood clot in the lungs causing the shortness of breathe) So they called my mom at work to come pick me up and take me to the ER...she wouldn't let me just drive there myself. Im thinking that this is some drama and although I appreciated her complete thoroughness but I wasn't expecting all this.

I get to the ER, given another breathing treatment due to wheezing. I had my first EKG to make sure I wasn't stroking or having a small heart attack- which was normal except for the rapid pulse at 110 (from the albuterol) they drew 4 vials of blood, and at this point, I am just sobbing sitting there by myself (my mom had to leave and go pick up my kids at school by then) and I just kept praying that this doctor wouldn't want me to do an X-ray. Guess what is next that doc wants to do? An X-ray.....I tell him ummm but Im 20 weeks pregnant. He says he knows that and informs me of all the risks such as miscarriage, leukemia (later on with the baby) small head in the baby, and I am a wreck and pissed off and resentful that my husband isn't there with me and that I haven't even seen him since I got pregnant. I say okay to do the ultrasound but cry all the way to the radiology department, cry all the way through it, and am hysterical when I get back to my room.

X-ray was fine-which I was thankful for, but now I am soooo pissed off at myself for making that decision. I don't know if getting the information that my X-ray was clear was worth the risk and harm that I may have done to my unborn son. I am to the point where I wish I never got pregnant, I wish I never had a tubal reversal and I dont understand why I have been so sick during pregnancy and can't even remember the last time I was sick when I wasn't pregnant.

Im still not done...so then the doctor says...well as treatment so you can breathe, we are goi8ng to put you on Prednisone (a steroid) and give you and albuterol inhaler. And if I can't sleep at night due to the muscle pain from coughing, take the Tylenol 3. WTH? All in all, I have 7 meds that I take and I swear that it will be a mracle if my son is not disabled, mentally handicapped or worse. I cry so much and am on my knees asking God to please protect him through all this...that He will just wrap His hands around this baby that he gave to me as a blessing and a complete surprise, and that nothing that I have gone through will have damaged him in any way, shape or form.

I am so depressed and worried and I hate the military-that can keep families separated for so long in times like this. I can't stop crying and my kids are clingy because they are so worried...I can barely even take of them so my mom has stepped in for a minute until I can get my head straight. This is the most awful thing I have ever been through.

Please, please pray for my baby! I have not gotten to the point where whatever is going to happen is going to happen yet. I don't even care if I could breathe right now (other than getting oxygen to him to grow and thrive) I would give my life for this baby and his health, or die trying.

I love you all so much and I know that there are so many gals out there that have it worse off than I do...I am just having a hard time..

Stacey

May 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness - what an ordeal. I am SO sorry you are going through this! I don't know what to say other than you and your little boy in my T&P's.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh sweety I am so sorry what a scary experience to go through while pregnant!!!

I can completely understand you being so worried, but you did what you had to do. If you didnt do the X Ray, there could have been something there that could have caused both of you severe harm, and you wouldnt know unless you did the X Ray, so try not to beat yourself up, I know easier said than done though.

Your baby boy will be okay, we are all praying for him always!!!!

((HUGS)) I am so sorry your hubby cannot be with you, as I am sure that would be much easier!!
May 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that. I am keeping you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers.
May 8th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
May 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Stacey,

I am so sorry you had to go through all of this !
Please like Heather said, do NOT beat yourself up over it ! Your baby will be just fine.....with all of the prayers & good thoughts and wishes coming your way, everything will be fine sweetie. Please try to get some rest, take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you always !

~HUGE HUGS~

May 9th, 2008, 07:35 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
May 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) I am sorry you are so sick! But it is good that you went to the doctors. YOU need to be healthy in order to grow that little boy of yours. Try not to worry to much about the X-ray. I was just one and the chance of anything happening are so so so small. You and your baby will be in my T&P! I am sure he will be perfect but I understand how hard it is not to worry.

Just an FYI I have taken Prednisone (a steroid) and my albuterol inhaler with both my children. I have asthma and these meds keep me breathing. DD is will be 3 next month and as no problems. She is very healthy, smart and rarely sick. I am still pg with DS but so far he is doing just fine.

May 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor thing...I am sorry you are going through this Stacey...I will pray, but I know everything will be alright and in September you will hoding a beautiful healthy little boy...but the stress sucks...
May 9th, 2008, 05:50 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I know how hard it is to take all of those medications and worrying about your baby. But remember, when you can't breathe, it affects your baby. So, better to take some of it and be able to breathe, and just let all the prayers and good thoughts take care of your little one.

May 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are all so wonderful! I hope that I can be as supportive and helpful to you all as you have all done for me in my times of worry and fears..... so emotional.....Love you guys!!!!
May 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary. I am sorry you have to go through this. I am sure everything will be right and perfect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search