What would you do?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I am only allowed by my insurance to have u/s's every two weeks at most, and my 2nd loss date is this Friday (when I will be 8w5d). That is how old Alex was when they measured him during the u/s and found no heartbeat.

Now, I have an u/s scheduled this Tuesday when I will be 8w2d, but I am considering putting that off until Friday. My DH is really anxious (I tried talking him into waiting until next week when I was in the 9th week and he said no) about going to the U/S on Tuesday to know that everything is okay. But, I feel pretty good now, and think I would rather wait and do it on Friday. What do you think, what would you do? Should I push the issue with DH or just leave it alone? I feel that if I bring it up again, he may feel forced into waiting until Friday even if he doesn't want to just to please me.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If waiting til friday would make you feel MUCH better for the next 2 weeks, I would do that. I am sure your husband would understand, and he would only have to wait 3 days, not a whole week or anything.
May 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Victoria-I think it's about priorities here...is putting it off really that important to you? And if so, why? Is it so you can be past your due date when you have an u/s? And if it's really not THAT important to you (because everything is going to be fine...LOL) then maybe go ahead and listen to DH and have it done without the waiting?

May 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Victoria, I know you must feel torn. It's like, you want to go in to make sure everything is okay but you also want to wait to pass your loss milestone date. I felt the same exact way. I don't want to tell you to do one or the other, follow your heart. But if you do decide to go in on the earlier date you may be able to rent / buy a doppler to check the baby on your own during the wait for the next u/s. I think you may be able to hear the baby with a doppler at this stage. HUGS

May 11th, 2008, 04:13 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, I made a decision, and it was actually pretty easy to convince DH. I actually did not even have to do much selling. I just told him basically that it would only be 3 days later, and that it would get us past our loss date. Which, yes, is important to me. It JUST has some sort of significance. KWIM?

Danica, that sounds like a great idea - do you know where I can get one of those??

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 11th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh GOOD! Both sides make COMPLETE sense to me, actually. I would have wanted to to get it out of the way, but also pass the date of loss too. 3 days isn't that much difference...other than than I just wanted to congratulate you earlier!!!! LOL!

May 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you guys agree!!

I would personally wait til friday also, if i heart the heartbeat tuesday, i KNOW i would be freaking by friday. The loss date is really hard to get through. and hearing the heartbeat that day will make it easier!
May 12th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is a good decision

Quote:
Danica, that sounds like a great idea - do you know where I can get one of those??[/b]
I heard of people renting them from here http://www.babybeat.com/ or you can probably buy one on ebay. I am going to be looking into these later this week so if I find any deals I'll let you know

May 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I rented my doppler from babybeat.com found the heartbeat at 8wks 4days

then at 14 weeks I bought one off Ebay, the Hi Bebe BT 200 and found the heartbeat right away , for 115$

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search