OB appt today....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My appt was supposed to be on the 22nd, but with the X-ray at the hospital, the millions of medications I had to and am finishing up taking, I rescheduled my appt for today instead of the 22nd so doc could reassure me in the very least...

I finally got back up to my pre-pregnancy weight today at 20 weeks 5 days! (It's okay, I had some extra to spare before pregnancy..lol)

Anyway, my OB spent an hour with me-a rather lengthy and teary visit....I have another u/s in 12 weeks (around 32 weeks pregnant) to see if the placenta will move. I asked him the likelihood of the placenta moving with complete previa (where the placenta is smack dab on top of the cervical os or whatever it's called) and it isn't very likely at all. SOOO...I will be scheduled for my first C-sec around 37-38 weeks if we have no bleeding or other problems.

He said that I only get one 'free bleed' as he called it. If I start to bleed, I go straight to the hospital, and they try to stop it if they can. If they can, then I go home on the bedrest, and if I bleed again, then I get to live at the hospital until the birth. That really stinks.......

And regarding the X-rays...he told me that back in the days, they used to use X-rays (without the lead covering) just to see if the baby was BREECH! Can you believe that? And all the medicines that I was prescribed, greatly outweighed any risk to the baby considering that I need to be able to get enough oxygen so baby could get enough oxygen.

So I am feeling much much better-physically and emotionally. I REALLY just want DH to get here...39 days and counting......I do whine often about not having seen him since I got pregnant. He said just remember you are on PELVIC REST even when he gets here....*giggle*.....

I am scared for what the future may bring...or any emergencies...I can see someone else's blood (I worked as a phlebotomist for a while) but I will pass out and freak out completely if I see my own blood. Just a bunch of anxieties that I am having...

Well, there is my long-winded update....tomorrow is a new day.......

Stace

May 13th, 2008, 06:06 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you are right - it is a new day.
sounds like doctor is keeping a good close eye on you & that is good. glad you are feeling better & i hope that continues, ... hey not too much longer and dh will be there!
May 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Danica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like the doctor eased some fear around the xray and meds. That is great news. And YAY for DH being home soon. You should put a ticker in your siggie so every day you can see DH is one day closer to being home

May 13th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad he was able to reassure you about your tests, whew!!!

is your dr. a high risk dr? if not have you thought of switching.

I thought this might make you feel better, when I had my complete previa, I met alot of other ppl with it and there complete previas did move, andmy dr. even told me most of the time they move as the uterus grows. Its like a balloon effect, I am trying to find the info for you, if i do i will show you.

but here is some that may make you feel better, I think you have a great chance of your placenta moving (your placenta doesnt actually move, lol, but when the uterus grows it grows with it and "moves" out of the way)

During second trimester ultrasounds, done in some places on a routine basis, will show that there are many more previas diagnosed at this stage. Typically at 16 weeks the placenta takes up 25-50% of the surface area. Also the third trimester brings a growth of this lower uterine segment, that out flanks the growth of the placenta. For these reasons, while 5% of pregnancies are diagnosed with complete previa in second trimester ultrasounds will see 90% of them resolved by term and while 45% of pregnancies are diagnosed with marginal previas will see 95% resolved at term. A follow up ultrasound will be done, and as noted above the vast majority of previas are not seen.

((HUGS))
May 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for your wondeful doctor taking the time to explain everything to you and help you feel better! Did you hug him? I sure would have!

I hope you don't have any "free bleeds"! I had DD at 38 & 1/2 weeks (via c-section) and at that time I had not even started to dialte or anything. So lets hope your little is nice and cozy in there and has no intention of trying to bust our early.

BTW not sure if you have had one before but c-sections are a piece of cake!!! I had no issues with my DD and was up and walking around with-in a couple hours. PM me if you want a happy c-section story

May 14th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You should put a ticker in your siggie so every day you can see DH is one day closer to being home [/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search