Baby movement?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
When did you start to feel your baby moving for the first time? I am coming up on 15 weeks on friday and cant wait to feel my baby move. Some of the girls in the Nov. DDC are feeling their first baby moving at 13 weeks on. Ok just wondered.

May 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
you would THINK I would remember !!! But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....LOL

I want tosay it was something like 17 or 18 for me when I felt Katie and knew it was Katie and not gas ....LOL

May 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This baby I felt early at 13 weeks.

BUT for first time mommies, you usually dont feel the baby til 16-20 weeks. sometimes not even til after 20 weeks.

I hope you feel your lil one soon!!
May 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the first flutter at 13 or 14 weeks, but this is baby number 4 so I remember what it feels like. After that I didn't feel anything much at all until 15 or 16 weeks...and now they are gradually getting a little stronger....

Can't wait for you to feel your baby kick! Hang in there! Sometimes it takes a little longer to feel baby too, depending on a number of factors...

HUGS!

Stacey
May 14th, 2008, 05:12 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first i felt her move at 16 1/2 weeks.... But she was a super active baby... with this one i felt movement for the first time at 15w 1d. But like the other girls said..its perfectly normal for a first timer to not feel movement until 18-22 weeks...

I hope you dont have to wait to much longer! maybe another week or so... It feels like light tapping or like a bubble popping in your belly.. OR as ive heard recently described and i liked it... you know the way your eyelid, or a muscle will twitch sometimes... it feels like a slight twitch somewhere in your lower abdomen.

As for some of those first timers saying they are feeling movement at 13 weeks... i just dont know.. i have a hard time even beleiving second timers before 14 weeks.. Im sure they know their bodies though..

~Em

May 14th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't feel the twins move until around 17 or 18 wks... I have noticed that I felt each successive baby a bit sooner, but I guess that's just because I realized what it was. I'm 13wks now and there have been a couple of times I 'think' I've felt the baby - only when I'm laying on my tummy in bed at night - but even then I'm not sure b/c it just seems so early, and this is #5 for me. Give it another couple of weeks and I bet you'll be feeling it too!
May 14th, 2008, 07:19 AM
tatumchar@yahoo.com's Avatar Super Mommy
this is my first and i was pretty sure i would feel something at 16 weeks, but that was very very small and pretty rare, i didn't really feel too much until just about 20 weeks and now a few weeks later i feel him every single day, sometimes i'm afriad he will kick out my stomach lol.

</div>
May 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't feel my 1st until about 16w, and even then it was just little flutters and not even everyday. It was 20w before I was feeling distinct movement everyday.

This time I felt the first flutters around 13.5w (same as with #2) but again, it was only a couple times a week and very weak. Since about 17.5w I've been feeling something everyday, and more pokes than flutters now.

May 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was 20wks the first time i can actually claim it was him moving and not my imiganation

May 14th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was 17ish when I first felt Cora, but it wasn't consistent until 24 or 25 weeks. With Erin it was 3 weeks earlier: 13ish for the first flutters, and 21ish for the consistent movements.

May 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Well this is my 6th pregnancy. and i felt Makenna move around 14 weeks. They say that the first pregnancy it can take any where from 16- 20 weeks to feel the baby move. The more pregnancys you have the earlier you will feel babe. cause your wall is so thin..lol

May 15th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With Abby I "thought" I felt movements around 16 weeks, but wasn't sure if it was just gas. I was positive that I felt a kick or punch at 21w6d because dh even felt it too. I can't wait to feel this baby moving and kicking around again. I am a bigger girl though, so it probably won't be for sure movements until after 20 weeks again.

May 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i started to think i felt this little girl about 15 weeks (little tiny taps) & i think it might really have been her b/c i am pretty thin and i have heard that thin girls can sometimes feel movement a bit sooner. plus i know the placenta is posterior so it doesn't get in the way of me feeling her.
by about 17 or 18 weeks i was for sure feeling movement, though not regularly- sometimes i would have a few days where i didn't feel her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search