going to a funeral

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
on of the ladies from my parents' church died saturday evening. this woman (and her family) has been close to our family since we moved to the area when i was in junior high. this couple were always the people i could go ask about anything when i had questions or doubts. they are just such good people. they have also been my little sister's 'prayer warriors' since she left for college four years ago & also send her a card every holiday. these people don't forget about you and they are always caring about you.
tami was diagnosed with pancriatic cancer less than a month ago. it had already metastisized to her liver.
i don't understand & i feel so bad for her husband and children. she has a son who graduates high school next week and a daughter who just finished eigth grade.
i don't know the point of this post other than i really wanted to tell somebody about this special woman.
thanks for listening.
May 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am so sorry to hear this.....
she sounds like she was a wonderful, caring person that you and your family were blessed to have in your lives.

I hope you get through the day without too much difficulty hon...I know it is hard ...

~HUGS~

May 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Awww sweetie, im sad to hear this. Its never easy to lose someone that we know. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs!!

May 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am every sorry that you have lost someone that was such a wonderful part of your family. (((HUGS)))

Hope the funeral gives you some peace and closuer and the reaffermation that while her life on this earth was short it was full good.

Her family as well as your will be in my T&P. How hard for her children to loose there mother so young

*My DH grandfather passed of pancriatic cancer in 2003. It is just a terrible disesse. Thank goodness her battle was short and pain was not drawn out. DH's grandfather passed fairly quickly also but it was till horrible to see what he went through.

May 14th, 2008, 10:34 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so so sorry. It is always hard to lose someone....and it's just that much worse when they have children. *big hugs*

May 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry to hear about the wonderful friend you lost I dont know what to say but im sorry.

May 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you everyone. the service was probably the best i have ever been to, if that makes sense. the music was nice, the speakers had so many wonderful things to say about her. it was at the church b/c there is no way there would have been room at a funeral palor. the church was all the full (even more full than on sunday's). it was touching to see how many people tami impacted during her life. everyone pointed out how special, loving, artistic and talented she was.

you are right babygoose- it is a horrible illness. she had been having pain for about 6 months, but the doctor's had blown her off at first until they finally made the diagnosis about a month ago. but she still did what she could up til the end. even though she must have been in tremendous pain, she attended her son's music awards ceremony (he is a singer) two days before she passed.
May 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
she sounds like such a wonderful beautiful person!!!! Iam so sorry everyone that was so close to her is going through losing her

((HUGS)) to you, and T&P to her family and yours

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search