I had a baby break through last night

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2008, 08:26 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like I am in group thearpy Hi! My name is Nikki and I am terrified of being pregnant!!!

I have been so gaurded this whole pregnancy that I have been very disconnect from my ever growing belly. I don't even talk to him...infact I still call him "him" "the baby" sometimes even "it" even though he is SCOTT and has had a name for months now.

Anyways! Something in me just changed last night and I found myself enjoying my baby boy. I was sitting on the couch watching TV with DH and Scott was being a busy kid and my belly was jumping and I could see him rolling around. So I just sat there and watched him. I even called DH over! I found my self smiling and laughing and even talking to Scott!

This was my first real bonding moment with my son. It was very cool. I am kinda sad that it took me 28 weeks to get to this point but I am glad I am here.

Just wanted to share with you ladies

(for those of you who have posted about not feeling connect with your baby yet...learn from me...it will happen in its own time)

May 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
That is wonderful !!!!!
I am so happy you felt it was time to " EXHALE " alittle bit! Its a great feeling isn't it ???

ENJOY your little boy !!

~HUGS~

May 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Thats awesome news!!! It took me a while to get into this pregnancy! but i finally over came it!!

Its a great feeling to know that your little man is in there moving and shaken!!!

May 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww that is such great news!! It is so hard not to be guarded after having a loss....this pg has be so scary for me, even tho I'm not having any problems, so I know what you mean! But I'm so glad you are finally enjoying your little boy!

May 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am soooooo happy for you!
keep enjoying!
- maybe you can get out there and but Scott some stuff now.......
May 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe Glad you and Scott finally got your connection going. Now enjoy, he will be here sooner than you know

May 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It took me a while to really feel connected to Erin, too. And it came and went, as well. So don't be sad if you start feeling guarded again.

I'm glad you got to have that moment!

May 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks girls I feel like a better mom today!

Quote:
- maybe you can get out there and but Scott some stuff now.......[/b]

I know We are going to start our register this weekend...finally! I can't remember if I posted this here or on our DDC but Kaylie is seriously worried that Scott will have to come home from the hospital naked b/c I have not bought him any clothes yet Ahhh...the mind of a 3 year old

Honestly I am going to buy him something soon. It is just with transitioning Kaylie to her big girl room I have no where to put any stuff for Scott yet. We don't have a dresser for Kaylie (it is in the garage as a spider condo right now) so all her clothes are still in the changing table dresser in the baby room.

I need to get my booty in gear! (see that is funny b/c we are doing Scotts room in pirates! Get it...booty! Ok I am done )

May 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww, I am so glad you are able to bond now yay!!

and you better get to work girl, he is going to be here before you know it LOL
May 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy for you Nikki, keep enjoying it!!!!I love pirates!That's how I want to do Austin's room too!
May 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww yay! im so glad that moment finally came for you.. I understand about being guarded... it took me until about last week to really start getting excited about this...

~Em

May 14th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Quote:
I'm happy for you Nikki, keep enjoying it!!!!I love pirates!That's how I want to do Austin's room too![/b]

I got the baby bedding at Babies R Us and it is super cute! But Target also has Pirate stuff right now for a toddler room! Did not know which way you were thinking of going since little Austin is turning into BIG Austin!

May 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I'm so glad that you got to have that breakthrough
May 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahahaha your pirate booty jokes!

I am glad to hear that you are bonding with him! I still have that problem...and I just yesterday bought a stroller/carseat combo and a swing-huge step and the only things I have bought other than diapers.

Can't wait to see what you get on your shopping trip!

Hugs!
Stace
May 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy to read your post. I am glad you are connecting to him but even more happy to see you relaxed and enjoying your pg.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search