DDC

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im dieing to join one just because there are a few people i know in the jan ddc and i have been commenting on posts for a while because i thought this migh be my month. Im just too scared that im jinxing myself. When did you ladies join one?

Brittney, when are you gonna introduce yourself over there?

May 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i joined the august ddc when i was about 5 weeks along. that is when i joined JM & i had never done forums of any type before. it was after that, that i found the PAL board (thank god).
May 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know, I really want to but I am like you I don't want to jinx myself..
I lurk over there all day though I just don't know I think if I make it through this week I might start feeling a little less nervous Cuz when I had the m/c I had a normal period and didn't know i was pg till i was like 6 weeks So i think if I don't have any kind of blood during this week when I should Have my period that it will help me to relax a little
I don't know I am still freaking out! Every little ache or pulling totally freaks me out and I run to the bathroom to see if i am bleeding so yay I don't know if I am quite ready to join yet :S

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO DANG HARD!

May 14th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Brittney i know what you mean. Im thinking about just introducing myself so it is out of the way kwim? I dont wanna be paranoyed this whole pg and i figure by introducing myself it wont change weather or not im meant to have this baby. itll sure suck untelling them tho....

I think im gonna do it!!

Thank you Kalis, im almost 5w. my loss was at 5w5d, so im still scared but im going for it!!

May 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I introduced myself before I even knew for sure I was pregnant! lol!!

But I think I'm a little different. My loss was at the end instead of the beginning, so I figured it didn't matter when I joined.

I say go for it too!

May 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No worries Eleysia I am sure everything will be ok for both of us this time around! I think I will introduce myself sometime in week 5. I just want to make it through this week first.

Glad you got all that LOL I felt like i was rambling
May 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I say go introduce yourself nothing you do will jinx your baby!! I joined my DDC 2 days after I found out I was prego, LOL. I wanted to try and act as normal as possible, even if it wasnt possible, LOL
May 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did it pretty much right away and I say you should too!

I'm still not a huge poster in there, but I'm getting better.
May 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
im offically in the Jan DDC!!! woot. now im gonna show em what it is like to have a bunch of TTCAL girls in there

Thanks Ladies

Brittney you had better get in there soon jk take your time hun.

May 14th, 2008, 01:46 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!! Glad you went over to your DDC and said hi!

I joined mine at about 5-6 weeks but I laid low for the 1st trimester. It was really hard seening other girls go through a loss. I tried to be as supportive as I could and dirrect them the loss board (my former home). But it just scared the heck out of me. You might consider this in the next couple weeks. No reason to stress yourself out more.

That being said...I LOVE my DDC now. I started to get more active in the 2nd trimester and now I have a couple of good friends in there....kinda funny b/c a few of them are pg after a loss too. It is funny how we seek each other out.

May 15th, 2008, 02:46 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I guess I was around 6 weeks, but did more lurking than posting & still do as a matter of fact...
I didnt feel very comfortable at first, and was afraid to get comfortable too soon....kwim?
now I just like it here better ! everyone understands each other !!

May 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you joined! I joined mine almost right away. It's always nice to make new friends

May 15th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks ladies

Dee i definatly know what ya mean. I think my biggest motivator is im seriously considering appliny to be a co-host. I just dunno though. Id have rather gotten TTCAL because i feel like i have more in common with everyone in there, and i dunno if im cut out to host a playroom. lol

May 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I joined almost right away, but now it is getting harder to post when I am seeing so many ladies leaving us. It just breaks my heart to keep seeing more good mommies losing their baby's. So I am kind of staying away from there, because I just can't have all of those thoughts in my head. kwim?

The only thing that keeps me going back there is the fact that I keep telling myself that this is a different pregnancy, different baby, and this one is going to be coming home with me in 7 more months!

May 15th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Rhonda, I definatly know what you mean about being around that. It scares me because i know that there have been 2 ladies already with a loss, and im sure more are to come. I hope for all of them that no one has to go through it.

I think thats a great attitude to have btw about this being a new pregnancy, and a new baby. You WILL have him/her home in 7 months!!! Keep baking that baby!

May 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
I joined right away. And im proud of you for taking the first step!!!

Its always scary to introduce yourself after having a loss. I know i was.

you will be fine!! Im proud of you

May 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
Thanks ladies

Dee i definatly know what ya mean. I think my biggest motivator is im seriously considering appliny to be a co-host. I just dunno though. Id have rather gotten TTCAL because i feel like i have more in common with everyone in there, and i dunno if im cut out to host a playroom. lol[/b]

you would make a great host...I think you should go for it...when will they pick for your DDC ??

May 16th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I joined mine (October 06 lol) pretty much straight away, and was always a fairly regular poster.... I sometimes felt as though I didn't fit in *a little*, although that's possibly due to the fact I'm in New Zealand & was over the otherside of the world from everyone, except for one - so all the talk of the health care system etc didn't really make sense to me..... BUT it certainly was a great place to be - hearing other Mama's talking about something I was going through, it was a good source of reassurance

May 16th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I joined mine (October 06 lol) pretty much straight away, and was always a fairly regular poster.... I sometimes felt as though I didn't fit in *a little*, although that's possibly due to the fact I'm in New Zealand & was over the otherside of the world from everyone, except for one - so all the talk of the health care system etc didn't really make sense to me..... BUT it certainly was a great place to be - hearing other Mama's talking about something I was going through, it was a good source of reassurance

May 16th, 2008, 05:52 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
I introduced myself right away, but didn't really post in there until I was past my milestone of my m/cs. After that I slowly got to know everyone. I agree with the others though. It is hard to see people having losses. We had another just recently. The baby had stopped growing at 12 weeks and she went into labor at 16 weeks. So even when you think the 1st trimester is over, sometimes it's not. It was heartbreaking. But all you can do is be there for them. I think it is good if you can take you own loss(es) and use your experience to help someone else. That is one of reasons I can't leave TTCAL. I think it's good that you joined. I think you will be just fine. And those ladies are lucky to have you over there. B)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search