Today's Bargains !!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am soooo thrilled right now ladies !
Mick's mom and I have been out to garage sales since early this morning ....
here is what I got today

a like new Pack n Play ----(Micks mom bought one also ! LOL)
2 Handmade baby afghans
a musical crib toy with lights and moving pictures
a head positioner for the car seat
monitor -----I have the video one, but wanted the regular one to, its more portable
brand new copies of "what to expect the first year", and a new mom's book
toy for the front of the car seat

all for $20.00...Unbelievable ~!

Mick's mom also made me a ton of the cutest burp cloths flannel and terry cloth, and another baby blanket.
I'll have to take pics this weekend of that stuff so you can all see the work she does.
I am sooooooooooooo happy & relieved.....I got my baby gear groove on big time ! LOL

just had to share !!!

May 15th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woot you go girl!! You have everything you need it sounds like

May 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE GARAGE SALES! I wish people out here had more of them but for some reason they don't have very many I think I am gonna start trying to find some though so I can try and save lots of money!

Great finds today Hope you had a blast!
May 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Quote:
I LOVE GARAGE SALES! I wish people out here had more of them but for some reason they don't have very many I think I am gonna start trying to find some though so I can try and save lots of money!

Great finds today Hope you had a blast![/b]
There are always sales out here...they all start on Thursdays too....thats new to me...Jersey was always Fri & Sat only !
I seriously can not believe what I got today...lol
the pack n plays are like brand new.....one was $5..the other $7....couldnt beat that !!!

I am a garage sale junkie !!!!!! LOL

May 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow those pack and plays were really great buys!
They have them here sometimes but I live in a snotty area of town it is commonwealth here so everyone has all these strange things that they have to go by.
Even the outside of mcdonalds other than the big orange signs look like really classy, its crazy.
Every once in awhile i see them advertised but its usually a town over from me on a day my dh has to work, and I am horrible with directions so unless he is home to come find me I dont' venture to far.
May 15th, 2008, 01:48 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
justin's mom goes to garage sales all the time, so i hopefully will tag along with her a couple of times this year to scope out the baby stuff! her and i haven't done anything baby oriented together at all & i would really like to do stuff with her so she is and feels involved.
May 15th, 2008, 03:46 PM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What great bargains!! Great job!

May 15th, 2008, 08:36 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohh I love garage sales! Dave and I stopped at a couple today, but didn't find anything to buy My town is a BIG TIME garage sale town. I LOVE it. Ohhh and Salvation Army is GREAT for books Dee. I got my what to expect book there for about $1.50. Speaking of which.... I was there with Dave yesterday and they had half price clothes. I started wandering about. I am soooo picky with clothes, but sometimes come across a great find. Well...as I was looking these ADORABLE maternity shirts kept appearing. They weren't in the maternity section so it was freaky! I bought them all.... and took it as a sign of things to come.

Okay now that I have highjacked your thread.......

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 15th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok first of all, Dee, how in the world do you get DH to go GS with you??? I would give anything for DH to do that with me...that's it...Im packing up my bags and moving in next door to you-then I will have a garage sale buddy! You got some great deals there, Dee! Good job!!!
May 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Ok first of all, Dee, how in the world do you get DH to go GS with you??? I would give anything for DH to do that with me...that's it...Im packing up my bags and moving in next door to you-then I will have a garage sale buddy! You got some great deals there, Dee! Good job!!![/b]
LMAO

Mick actually went to one today on his own and bought a snow blower ! LOL

he loves to go ! It is just hard because he usually works on Saturday mornings.
I'd love a GS buddy !!! LOL Come on girl !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search