Panic Button

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here we go again...Im so sorry girls...I should win an award for being the biggest worrier!

I don't like to take any kind of medications at all...not even Tylenol unless I have to. Yesterday and today I have been in so much pain. I have had similiar pain to this before but it went away shortly after getting to the ER, conveniently enough. It turned out to be RLP-that's what my OB thinks. So I have taken Tylenol to help with this but it doesn't touch it. So I had to take Tylenol 3 for this.

Anyway, I have been in pain-not just ouch this hurts or is uncomfortable-but 'OMG grabbing my stomach and almost in tears' pain. It is only on my left hand side but not limited to just the lower part of the abdomen, it goes all the way up to belly button but only on the left side. I even broke out my doppler to make sure I wasn't trying to miscarry and that the baby still had a hb. He did. But with complete previa, I am concerned. Im also concerned about it being placental abruption. I have no bleeding.

I don't want to take another trip to the ER and have them tell me it's a bad bad case of RLP again. I don't want that embarrassment nor do I want to waste the ER docs time.

I do know that it's not constipation, because Im like clockwork in that area. It can't be a UTI because I just finished one antibiotic and am still working on finishing the other one. I dont ever remember RLP actually hurting this bad. I do remember it causing discomfort and then subsiding shortly thereafter. But nothing like this...where it sticks around or causes severe pain like this.

Any ideas anyone? Is this just 'growing pains' or something serious? Would you go in and take the risk that they tell you it's just RLP???
May 16th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
by the sounds of how bad your pain is, I probably *would* go in ((hugs))

let us know what happens okay?

May 16th, 2008, 07:28 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely go in if it hurts that bad. Just to ease your mind if nothing else....KUP, I hope everything is ok!

May 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it hurts that bad then you should go in hun.

May 16th, 2008, 08:15 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I would go.....I had bad pains one time a few years back and and found it was kidney stones !!!

May 16th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
go in, especially with complete previa, I was told to go in with any kind of pain in that area.

I hope its nothing, it could very well be RLP, Ihave had it bring tears to my eyes, BUT I would still go in just to be safe.

KUP! ((HUGS))

Can you call your dr. and get an appt rather than go to the ER?
May 16th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im going to call my OB today and wait ALL day for his nurse to call me back...I don't like her at all...sigh...but we'll see what she says....probably tell me to quit my whining and suck it up. She will ask me if I'm bleeding and when I tell her no, she will just brush me off.....Grrrrr........Im just cramping pretty bad on my left side and through to my back and still sore...soemone put me out of my misery! I keep checking for the heartbeat...it's still there so far.....Thanks girls for 'listening'
May 16th, 2008, 08:30 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Quote:
Im going to call my OB today and wait ALL day for his nurse to call me back...I don't like her at all...sigh...but we'll see what she says....probably tell me to quit my whining and suck it up. She will ask me if I'm bleeding and when I tell her no, she will just brush me off.....Grrrrr........Im just cramping pretty bad on my left side and through to my back and still sore...soemone put me out of my misery! I keep checking for the heartbeat...it's still there so far.....Thanks girls for 'listening'[/b]
that is the EXACT way I felt with the kidney stones.....I would go to the ER an dnot take the chance of getting blown off at the dr.s office

May 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh hon, don't you dare feel silly for worrying about your baby/body! (By the way, I hold the title of the biggest worrier, so you'll have to fight me over that one...LOL!)

That nurse sounds like the nurse at my old OB's office - she was SOO mean to me. I disliked her A LOT! I am sorry you have to put up with someone like that!

However, I noticed that you have not updated all day. I hope everything is okay?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
ummm yeah i would get your butt to the hospital. that sounds like kidney stones.

KUP. i hope you feel better soon..

Hugs!!!

May 16th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went ahead and went in to the ER...but this time they sent me straight over to L&D, which was a new thing for me....I guess that is because I am past 21 weeks???

Anyway, my OB happened to be on call-thankfully. I could barely walk and was and still am just miserable. My OB wanted an u/s which showed absolutely nothing wrong. Which is great news, but seriously, I know I am not that big of a wimp! I would rather have been in labor than go through this pain I am having. I have never experienced anything like this before with my other three. Of course that was quite a long time ago and before tubal ligation and tubal reversal surgery. Placenta previa is still complete previa....baby is breech which is why I always feel his kicking way below my belly button. My cervix is still thick 4 and half cm or something and I am not dilating...whew!

Then he tells me that he thinks this is just RLP!!! I swear I looked at him like I was going to kill him! I said, "Are you SERIOUS????" So I was incredibly embarrassed to say the least. Then he tells me to take it easy. WHAT??? (Let me back up here a little bit) I have been really sick with the coughing/breathing difficulty 2 or 3 weeks ago, which has resolved now, then I had a migraine for two days, and now this pain for a few days??? Do you honestly think I have been running marathons??? NO! Long story short...I have not been doing ANYTHING barely at all for the last 3-4 weeks because I feel/felt like garbage. SO......how do you take it easier than easy??? I got frustrated and started crying....I told him that I don't have time for this! I have things to do!"

So I told him that I wanted him to do the C-section right at 37 weeks. He said that if I was this miserable at 37 weeks, and consented to an amnio to check the lung maturity, then we would do that if the baby's lungs were mature enough.

Apparently I am the world's biggest baby, or I have a record set for the WORST round ligament pain in history. Please don't misunderstand at all, I am not ungrateful for this pregnancy, I am just tired of being sick and feeling this severe pain. This has been an awful pregnancy thus far, and I am beyond frustrated-especially without DH here.....I just want this to be over and get to the happy outcome at the end.

I am feeling so BLAH and I doubt myself more now than ever when it comes to going to the ER ever again in my life. I am really trying to stay positive, but am having a hard time....thanks for letting me vent, girls. I am so darn emotional right now..
May 17th, 2008, 01:20 AM
ravenlynne's Avatar Super Mommy
When in doubt, go to the doc...that's what I always say.

<div align="center">

</div>
May 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad it was nothing serious.

you are NOT a baby, I have had the RLP bring me to the floor, thinking my placenta was tearing off, and I also went to the ER crying over the pain with my 1st baby, and I had ALL natural births, so you are NOT a baby, that RLP can hurt!!!
May 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Im so so glad it was nothing serious, but they way you felt and the worry was serious...its a great thing that you went in..I am a huge worrier..so I completly understand..and hon you are not a baby..you are protecting one..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search