Baby Gear Check List

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
ok so.....let's see our lists so far.....
our BTDT mommies can really help if they see something that we overlooked....or on our "to get" list that is a waste of money! LOL

We HAVE
bassinet,crib,moses basket
CLOTHING
playtex drop in nursers 4 & 8 oz.
newborn diapers
cloth diapers & covers
wipes
bibs
stroller- standard & umbrella
carseat
head positioner for car seat
2 swings
Pack N Play
walker
monitor- video & regular
some musical crib toys
pacifiers
bathing sling
baby body wash and shampoo
Burt Baby Bee lotions & soap
nursery cart
diaper organizer
bottle drying rack
recieving blankets
burp cloths
crib bedding,mobile,KATIE letters
lenox Noahs ark clock & picture frame
my friend is shipping out a box today so I have no idea what else we are getting !

need to or want get
more diapers...cloth & sposies
more bottle bags
breast milk storage bags
pump
more crib sheets
bottle warmer
tummy mat with pillow
bouncer
first aid kit
sleep positioner

May 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lookin good!

The only thing id say is wait on the diapers. I know you have some already but you never know which brand will work for your child. the hospital will alss give you a starter pack.
The passifiers... some babies dont care, but some wont take to certian shapes and legnths, so dont be surprised if you have to go back out

oh and a life saver for me, if you have a dishwasher.... there is a little basket you can get to throw the bottle tops and nipples into to wash (it sits on the top rack of the dishwasher). That way you dont have to get a separate sanitizer.

If you dont want to spend much more id also hold off on the bottle warmer. i always used the microwave, or a pot with warm water. saves money and you wont burn the baby as long as you test the breastmilk/formula before giving her the bottle.

May 16th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
sounds good and what Eleysia said
May 16th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
as for warming: you're not supposed to warm up breastmilk in the microwave. It apparently ruins the bm. I just warmed up some water in the microwave (faster that way) and then set the bag of frozen milk (or bottle of cold milk) in the water for a few minutes. And that's basically all the bottle warmer does anyway.

And I agree with Eleysia about the diapers. Erin always leaked out of the Pampers, but when I switched to Parent's Choice we didn't have that problem any more. Different brands fit differently.

Although, if you DO get more packages, you can always exchange them for something different.

I can't think of anything else!

May 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now this is coming from someone that isn't a mother yet, so these are just ideas

I know some people get pillows that help hold the baby for BFing or even if the baby is kinda laying down with a bottle. Also maybe some of those nursing pads for you so when you go out you don't leak, and a nursing bra? I don't know how well or recommended those things are, but someone here knows I'm sure.
May 16th, 2008, 01:36 PM
OMG I totally forgot ty Jen. GET THE DISPOSABLE BRA PADS!!! Lansinol (i think thats the brand or it is lanolin) makes disposable ones, they dont leak and they are a god send!!!!

May 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM
OMG YES!!! I can't believe I forgot those! Lansinoh are definitely the best.

Johnson & Johnson were too cottony, and had a tendency to stick to me, which HURT right at first when you're all tender and such anyway! But they had the sticky stuff on the back to hold it in place. They also leaked if it got too full, which the Lansinoh didn't really do. I guess the Lansinoh are more absorbent. But they didn't leak as bad as others.

Curity I hated. They didn't have the sticky, so they didn't stay in place, so they leaked horribly.

I never tried the Gerber ones though.

May 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You HAVE to get a boppy...and what about gates to gate off certain areas of the house...also have you put those protectors in all your electrical outlets so fingers and stuff can't get in them and latches on your cabinet. I know you have some time before then, but let me tell you if you don't do it now you will forget until there is an accident.

Lots and Lots of pacifiers and the things to clip them on the clothes...(Soph was always losing her's)

And the cream for nursing...that you rub on your breasts...Lansinoh, and start using it right away...will keep them from chapping and cracking.

Nail clippers
Desitin (for butt rash)
Hairbrush
Themometer (The ones that stick to forehead)
Gripe Water (for colic)

May 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Quote:
And the cream for nursing...that you rub on your breasts...Lansinoh, and start using it right away...will keep them from chapping and cracking.[/b]
I had (and still have) some of that, but Erin wouldn't touch me if I'd put some on myself, even if it was hours before. I had to go scrub my breasts before she'd latch (which hurt like he!! aside from also having her screaming because I wasn't fast enough).

HOWEVER...it is really good for really bad diaper rashes that won't heal with the rash creams. Erin got a sore on her butt from having diarrhea for a week, and it kept getting worse and worse even though I was putting TONS of cream on her and trying everything else. Until I started putting the Lanolin on it, and now it's all healed up. It was better overnight.

May 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
well thanks ladies !! LOL

I kind of meant this thread to be for all of us to check out what we mommies have and what we want....not just what Mick and I have....
I guess I should have made that clearer !

Quote:
Lookin good!

The only thing id say is wait on the diapers. I know you have some already but you never know which brand will work for your child. the hospital will alss give you a starter pack.
The passifiers... some babies dont care, but some wont take to certian shapes and legnths, so dont be surprised if you have to go back out

oh and a life saver for me, if you have a dishwasher.... there is a little basket you can get to throw the bottle tops and nipples into to wash (it sits on the top rack of the dishwasher). That way you dont have to get a separate sanitizer.

If you dont want to spend much more id also hold off on the bottle warmer. i always used the microwave, or a pot with warm water. saves money and you wont burn the baby as long as you test the breastmilk/formula before giving her the bottle.[/b]
so far I have 1 kind of NB dipes...disposable, but am planning on using more cloth.....they are so darn cute !

May 16th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Whoo hoo!! theres some stuff on there that i dont have yet! i keep forgetting to buy!!

Thanks girls!

May 16th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Oh sorry Dee I just kinda went off lol.

May 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM
lol Dee! I think my input was more for everyone in general. lol!

May 16th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sheesh! I have nothing to say....... Except YOU SOUND SOOOO READY DEE! I did love the dishwasher thingy for all the nipples and tops....makes it a lot easier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search