Freak out of my day

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Okay so I know that backache is a typical side effect of pregnany. But I also know that lower back ache is a sign of preterm labor. I had this sign last time. The back pain then felt more like kidney pain..
Anyway my back is achey and the (tmi) the discharge has really increased over the past few days, I supose it could just time for my discharge to increase (16weeks?)
Yes I am freaking out, I feel like I have to be intune with everything that my body is doing, I mean everything. I know what contractions feel like but only the painful ones, I am afraid that if this backache doesnt ease I will be spending another night with my doc at the er, because I cant just ignore a sign. I just cant.
May 16th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hun, take a deep breath. I agree not to let a sign go un-noticed. Also no one knows you better than yourself, if you truly feel the need to go in.. do it! KUP please. have you tried laying down for a bit or taking a warm bath to see if it helps?

May 16th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
try laying on your left side and drink alot of water!!!

I think around 16 weeks was when my CM really picked up. I get tons of it off and on. I also get aches in my back off and on, always scares me.

If you are worried, go in!!

((HUGS))
May 16th, 2008, 03:01 PM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cm picked up around then too. Try not to worry...just lay down and relax. But if you're still feeling uneasy, there's no harm in calling your doc.

May 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is good to trust your instincts and get checked out if you are really concerned. Hope you feel better soon.
I also think my cm picked up about that time, then again at about 21 weeks.
May 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that if you are that worried then a call to your Dr can't hurt. KUP
May 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
My cm also picked up around 16ish weeks, both times. And I had backpain like that at 33 weeks with Erin. Not only did I have a horrible UTI, but it had started to put me into preterm labor. So, if you are worried, it couldn't hurt to go get checked out.

and good luck!!

May 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know much about preterm labor, but I agree to trust your instincts, if it doesn't feel right then it is always better safe than sorry. Please KUP on everything!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 17th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks ladies..I did go home and lay for awhile and fell asleep..woke up and the backache was gone..
I do freak out, I get focused on signs and symptoms and I know that if I dont act on my instinct things can go terribly wrong.
I was 22 weeks when I lost my son...due to preterm..or incompentent cervix, there are signs for the labor but for the IC there really arent any so thats what makes me so nervous..it can go undetected until its to late...I want to have a normal stress free pregnancy..as stress free as they get anyway...Im thrilled to be pregnant but I am so afraid of everything, so paranoid..
Thank you guys for being here
May 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How scary! I thought my back pain might have been ptl when I went to the ER...no big contractions, tho, thankfully!

I can't imagine the fear that you have especially with your previous loss and how far along you were! Im so sorry......it is COMPLETELY understandable, though, and there really isn't a 'safe' time during pregnancy as I have read adn discovered myself.

Hang in there! And even if you just 'don't feel right' go in........the worse they can can tell you is it's nothing and you can go home reassured (maybe a little embarrassed like I was,) but the reassurance outweighs the embarrassment any day! I am glad that you are feeling a little better...I post in my panic ALL the time!

HUGS!
Stacey
May 18th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did they give you a cerclage this time??

I can only imagine how scared you must be, we are all here for you!!! and if you are worried go in!! are they measuring your cervix consistently??
May 18th, 2008, 03:47 PM

They havent and wont give the cerlage unless they see my cervix shorten or funnel, Im not a classic case of either..they found infection in the placenta after my son was born early and belive that infection caused me to go into labor..I have bi-weekly u/s and im checked for infections through cervical exams often (hate it..but its worth it) I would feel safer with the cerclage but they were afraid to take the risk of infection without need. I just pray the ultrasounds do the job..and I keep my instincts keen...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search