Low progesterone

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
Regular
Hello everyone. I am new posting on this site but have been reading posts on here for a while now. I have a question for all of you and hope someone has been in the same boat as me. I had a miscarriage in december and found out on Monday I was pregnant again! Yeah! But that same day I started with cramping and thought for sure I was about to miscarry again. I went to the doctor on tuedsay and had blood work and a stat ultrasound. The docs called today and said ultrasound showed a very early pregnancy as I am only 5 weeks, that my HCG was good, but that my progesterone was low. I have been started on progesterone suppositories. I was curious if any one has had to take the progesterone suppositories and if the baby made it to term and was healthy? Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.
May 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on progesterone too. Obviously, I don't have a success story yet, but I have heard of many. The good thing is that you are under the careful watch of a doctor who obviously cares to make sure all is in order. Good Luck sweetie!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 22nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DD, Kaylie, will be 3 on June 13th and I am 29w 3d pg with my son. I was on oral progesterone with both for the 1st 13 weeks. My doctor wanted me to do the supository thing but the pills were pink and I kept thinking I was bleeding and having major freak outs. So he told me to just take them by mouth I am a mess!

With my DD my progesterone was like 9 or 10 at 5-6 weeks and then I starting taking the progesterone pill and she hung in there! YAY

I started my progesterone with DS as soon as I found out I was pg and my low number with him was 19...which is normal but on the low side. He is growing great and I have not had any issues with him.

Congrats on your new little baby! I hope my story gives you a little piece of mind Feel free to PM me if you need anything!!!!

May 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i took progesterone supppostiories the first trimester of this pregnancy and i am past 27 weeks now and things are going well.
my progesterone levels were 16 at 5 weeks 3 days (and that was after i had already been taking the suppositories for a week).
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
May 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had low progesterone with my son Kaiden, and was started on the suppositories and he is almost 3 now
May 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havnt had this problem but wanted to send you some sticky dust, and say i hope to get to know ya. These ladies have some great sounding success i hope it will be the same for you And congrats on your pregnancy!!!!

May 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Amanda T
I'm taking progesterone suppositories currently but I don't know what my levels are I don't go to the dr. until June 5 but I have recurrent miscarriages so as soon as I found out I was pg. I called the dr. and she put me on that and baby asprin lets hope this is what works for us and Im sure it will!!!!

May 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
Catdiva's Avatar Veteran
((hugs)) I have not but 2 of my cousins have.
Both suffered 2 m/c after their first baby actually and were put on progesterone suppositories as well as a higher dose of folic acid and that really helped their next pregnancies b/c they carried to term. Good luch hun! ((hugs))

June 2nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
Regular
Hi everyone! I am back to tell everyone thank you so much for the responses to my question. They really helped. Everyone is so nice and helpful on this website. I do have an update. I went for my second ultrasound the other day and we saw our little bean hanging in there and actually heard the heartbeat!!! We breathed such a sigh of relief when we heard that heartbeat. Of course in the back of my mind I am still analyzing every little twinge and spotting I have. Doctor told me that my spotting is normal. So that helped but after losing our angel in december I cant help but be nervous. I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy but am finding it very hard. But always hope for the best right! So thanks so much again and hopefully I will have more good news when I go back on teh 20th. Take care everyone!
June 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOOHOO!!! COngrats on hearing the heartbeat!! that is such wonderful news!!!!!

I know after each of my u/s I feel good for a few days then start freaking out again LOL, I wish It was easier too!!

This baby will be okay keep up the positive thinking!
June 2nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is great that you saw baby and heard the heartbeat!
just wanted to let you know, not only did i use the progesterone this pregnancy, but i also spotted for three weeks (from 5w to 8w) and baby is still doing great. i don't know why exactly i had bleeding.

can't wait to hear about your next appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search