worried and have a question!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As you all know my contractions picked up to more than six an hour on tuesday night.

Last night they returned every few minutes unfortunately. If this was my first baby I would have gone to L&D. but I did what I know to do at home before going there.

My concern though, is on tuesday night shortly after the contractions started, I started getting really dizzy. Just sitting there the room would spin. I just felt "sick" and almost as if I was floating. I thought it was just coincidence. and I also had *sorry for TMI* diahhrea.

well last night the same thing happened with the contractions, I got dizzy and sickly feeling. just a really weird feeling I cant say I have had before. oh, and the dizzy sickly feeling went away shortly after the contractions did both days. They lasted a bit over an hour.

Any ideas what could cause the dizzy sickly feeling??? I dont know if its just coincidence that it comes in the evenings just like my contractions, or if its related. not sure.

Im calling my OB back at 9AM again.
May 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
bump
May 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
(((HUGS))) I am sorry, that they have started back..Do they know what puts you in preterm? My was infection..

Since I float in the same boat as you I try to read up on ptl as much as possible the diarriha (sp) is a sign..but I havent seen anything about the dizziness..sorry I have been much help...my prayers are with you and your little one..Heather Im sure the doctor is going to talk you through this and get everything under control

((hugs))
May 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Jen, I have never been given an answer to why I have PTL, except I have a very irritable uterus that causes dilation.

All I can read about dizziness is high blood pressure, and that just scares the crap out of me!!!
May 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heather the BP was going to be my suggestion hunny. i know thats not what you want to hear but it can also cause PTL i believe. id go get it checked to be sure. Any headaches?

May 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heather - are you on the 17P shots? Those are really supposed to help for irritable uterus. It's supposed to prevent your uterus from contracting...

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

May 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah headaches and my heart was also feeling like it was pounding out of my chest.

my dr. once again just said to rest, and now im getting more scared and feel like he is forgetting about my prior complications.

If it starts tonight I will go to rite aid and get my blood pressure checked, and maybe go to L&D from there.
May 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
It sounds like it could be pre-E to me. I would definitely get it checked out.

I already responded in our DDC, but I'm sending you more T&Ps.

May 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christine, no I am not on 17P shots in the past he has prescribed me procardia for my PTL.
May 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm actually really surprised he doesn't have you on them with your history of PTL and irritable uterus.

Do you think he could get you a referral to an MFM?

May 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Id say it might be BP then. im sorry, i dont wanna be the kill joy, but id maybe swing by the pharm just to check if it were me. it is something easily fixed if it is caught early enough. Better safe than sorry.

May 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have never had b/p problems before, but my sis did have Pre E.

I am going to test my blood pressure in about an hour, and then this evening if I start feeling weird again. so far I only felt the sick feeling and contractions in the later half of the day.

and will probably go to L&D too if contractions start up agaiun
May 22nd, 2008, 12:16 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Heather,

I have been trying to get on here for awhile. but couldnt !! JM wouldnt load for me for some reason !!

anyway, I agree it does sound like BP, BUT.....also blood sugar.....I know if mine is out of whack I get "the spins" big time!!
I did also read awhile back that diarrhea can a;so be associated with PTL.

I really hope this is not the case at all !!!

I am keeping you in my T&P !!!!!
Keep us posted if you can !

May 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
DOUBLE POST

May 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Dee i know what you mean about it not letting you in JM is on the fritz again.

Heather please kup. Let us know if you decide to go in or not for sure. Ill be thinking about you all day.

May 22nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you guys, I will definitely keep you posted, I dont want you guys worrying about me.

I am irritated my dr. didnt seem worried about those symptoms???? do you guys think I should be worried??
May 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
I dont think you should be "worried" necessarily but id definatly keep an eye on them, and just continue to be proactive about them kwim?

May 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
b/p at rite aid was completely normal, but I am not having any of the symptoms right now., I will check again this evening if I get them again.

They say not to have more than 6 b/h an hour, I have atleast 10 an hour!!!! and with Ethan I kept ignoring them and at 26 weeks was dilating and effacing. So i get terrified of that happening again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search