Just got my doppler

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2008, 08:46 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, I know I am a little early in trying to hear the heartbeat, but I saw a gal in the Dec DDC who was able to find her baby's hb at 10 weeks. Which is basically where I am at now.

So, anyway, my question is where is the best place to be putting the doppler? I figured right over my pubic bone, but would love any insight/tips you might have.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
May 24th, 2008, 10:41 PM
op, nevermind. Saw some tips online and used 'em and guess what?! I found the hb!! So excited!! My DH freaked me out a little saying he thought it sounded slow. But, we are not trained in determining heartbeat rates, so I have decided that I am not even going to worry about it.

Just happy to know the little one is still plugging along!

Angels in Heavan.
May 25th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how exciting!
May 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks Sabina!

Angels in Heavan.
May 26th, 2008, 09:11 AM
*Pamela*
That's so wonderful!!! and I'm happy all is well with you. Can't believe you're already at 10 weeks!
May 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOOHOO!! I am sooo glad you found it!! CONGRATS!!
May 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are so early to even HEAR a HB!! Dont worry about the BPM...Could it have been yours too? You were so early and they can those little babes can take a little bit to beat faster anyhow....

No worrying...it's not good for baby...and everything is FINE...I tell ya...listen to me! LOL!

I know the freaking out all too well, though! Hang in there!!! And when you go to the doc and they tell you everything is fine....AGAIN...I won't say I told you so.....LOL!

You sound soooo much like me!!!!

HUGS!
May 27th, 2008, 05:07 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Victoria,

Sorry I was away for the weekend or I would have answered sooner

I heard the HB with a baby beat doppler(3mhz) at 7 weeks. Just remember to NOT freak if you can't find it for at least 30 minutes. My REAL advice is don't use it if you don't have lots of time to search if you can't find it. Sometimes I would try before work and not be able to find it and then stress all day thinking my baby was gone.

Heather has one too, so I am sure she can give advice also.

Isn't it the most amazing sound??

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh good i am so glad you found it.. I loved my doppler... The first time i heard the HB i was 10w and 2d.. and it really DOES take forever to find the HB until you are about 12 weeks.. then it starts getting easier.. and if you cant even find it.. Just wait another half hour.. go do something and come back to it...

I got really good at finding my OWN heart beat those first couple of weeks... but you can always tell your own by feeling your pulse in your neck and then you know if youve found yours or the babies...

~Em

May 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM
It WAS my heartbeat!!! WHAT?! How the heck do you hear your own hb down there?! I didn't even know it was possible! LOL!!!

I really hadn't given it much thought since I really wasn't experienced in knowing a fast hb from a slow one, and just figured everything was fine bc I was still hearing it day after day(not realizing it was possible that it was my own hb).

BUT, after some thought today(after reading your replies again), I decided to take Em's advice and see if what I heard was my own hb, and low and behold, it was!! Then, of course, I spent the next 10 minutes or so searching for baby's hb. It was not easy to find, but it was unmistakeable when I found it. It is SOO much faster!! I was soo excited to hear it and KNOW that it was my baby's hb. And, yes, Bobbie, that is the most amazing sound!!

I made sure to make some marks on my belly so I know where to put the doppler next time....lol....

Welp, thanks again ladies!!

Angels in Heavan.
May 30th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hee hee hee! Im so glad you are not worried baby's hb was slower anymore...it's just yours!!! Silly girl! The placenta makes a 'swoosh' sound and baby sounds more like a horse galloping....

May 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that you found the right h/b! beautiful sound!!

Do you mind me asking where you got your doppler?

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
May 31st, 2008, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you found the babies heartbeat, its definitely MUCH faster than ours!!! Its such a beautiful sound. I have a doppler that I bought, I love it on days when Corbin isnt moving much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search