why are ppl so stupid?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2008, 05:17 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so excited to be expecting my 3rd little girl. I truly did not have a preference one way or the other on the gender. I really just wanted a healthy baby, and that's what I got, so I'm ecstatic! But everyone seems to be raining on my parade This happened when we found out Marissa was a girl too, but it's even worse now b/c this is definitely our last baby. I know that ppl don't mean to be mean, but it really hurts my feelings when I say (excitedly) "it's another girl!" and ppl say "oh no!" or "awww, I was really hoping it was a boy for you." or my dad said "3rd time's a charm...what happened?"
I tried telling ppl, before we knew the sex, that I truly didn't care one way or the other and I would be just as happy either way....but everyone just seems to assume that I should be upset b/c I'm having 3 children of the same sex.

I know there are some ladies here in the same boat as me. How do you deal with the stupid comments? Any good comebacks for me?

May 26th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am in the same boat!! It drives me NUTS and pisses me right off. Just at the tsore the other day a lady asked what I was having, and I said another boy, and she said "let me guess, you were trying for a girl" and I said "no actually, I was trying for a healthy baby, and WANTED 3 boys" I hate that ppl assume we would only be happy if we had both sexes when that is NOT true. I grew up having a sixth sense I would have all boys, not sure why, but I did, and I was right and could NOT be happier. But I constantly get the "are you going to try again for a girl" etc.... just ignorant stupid people, LOL, they need to BE QUIET!! OR be excited with us!!!

anyway, I always deal with it by saying I wouldnt have it any other way and was never trying for a grl, I was trying for a healthy baby.
May 26th, 2008, 10:32 AM
luvmygirls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I knew you would know how I felt Heather! People are such jerks! I need to buy some kind of smart-alack shirt to tell them off lol....

I like this one

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/third+baby/-/...opt_/c_666/pg_8

and here's one for you

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/three+of+a+ki...opt_/c_666/pg_1

May 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL!! those are AWESOME!! I think Im going to get one! thanks! LOL
May 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Veteran
Well, I am a mom of four sons, so I have had my share of silly comments sent my way, as well! To be honest, it doesn't bother me anymore...I just tell them how thrilled I am and how THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

People always assume if you have all of one, you almost ought to mourn the coming of another of the same gender, but I think they are just speaking out of ignorance of what is in other people's hearts, that's all.

Just smile and say, "I couldn't be happier with what I've got!"
May 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
While I don't have all the same sex children, I did get the stupid comments and I still do.....I even have my ultrasound on video where you can hear my MIL say to the tech very disappointing sounding, " I was really hoping for a girl" after the tech announced you have a son....so we are just getting another ultrasound when DH gets back...

But the thing about other people raining on your parade...it's your friggin parade and no one can take the joy, KWIM? Of course it took me a minute to get over it because it hurt a little bit...

And believe me....I have thought of saying ALL kinds of things when I get comments like that...
When someone says, 'I was really hoping for a boy/girl' or 'I would have wanted a boy/girl' just smile and say we couldn't be happier and walk away. Here's my favorite reply, "Well then it's a GOOD thing you are not having this baby!" LOL!

Not very nice, I know, but I have had those thoughts....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search