HCG and Progesterone levels

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Regular
I am 7 2/7 weeks pregnant. I had a little spotting last week and had u/s done along with HCG levels. That level was at 2250. I had another one drawn 72 hours later and that one was at 5240. The 3rd one I had drawn another 72 hours later was 9928. The prog. level was 17.9. No dr's can tell me anything. They are saying that I am at the low end of average and just to hope. The u/s that I had showed no heartbeat and measured the baby at 5 1/7 weeks (which is 1 week less than what I am). I am scheduled for another u/s on Friday. I am scared to face what the outcome may be. Does anyone have words of wisdom for me? I have had 1 mc and 1 viable pregnancy. This one is different from the 1st on that I lost...
November 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
soontobemommyto3
hope this helps:

Progesterone during pregnancy

First Trimester 9-47 ng/ml
Second Trimester 17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml

hCG levels during pregnancy
(in weeks sincelast menstrual period)

3 weeks LMP 5 - 50 mIU/ml

4 weeks LMP 5 - 426 mIU/ml

5 weeks LMP 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
non pregnant 55-200 ng/ml
November 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having an HCG level that is at the low end of normal would be normal for a pg that is measuring 5weeks instead of what you are according to LMP. How long it takes for conception and then implantation can make a pregnancy further behind than what LMP would say. There will be not be visible signs of a baby at 5weeks. Between 6 & 7 is when the heartbeat will start and show up.

HCG doubles every 2.6days. The low end doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Progesterone needs to be over 10 for a viable pregnancy, most dr's like it around 12 so yours is fine.

I am betting the next US will show alot more and ease your mind.
December 1st, 2005, 05:11 PM
Regular
Quote:
Having an HCG level that is at the low end of normal would be normal for a pg that is measuring 5weeks instead of what you are according to LMP. How long it takes for conception and then implantation can make a pregnancy further behind than what LMP would say. There will be not be visible signs of a baby at 5weeks. Between 6 & 7 is when the heartbeat will start and show up.

HCG doubles every 2.6days. The low end doesn't mean anything is wrong.

Progesterone needs to be over 10 for a viable pregnancy, most dr's like it around 12 so yours is fine.

I am betting the next US will show alot more and ease your mind.[/b]
Thank you so much for your information. Just reading what you wrote has put me a little more at ease....Thanks again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search