some questions for you all

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
hello ladies, i know some of you from the ttc and ttc after miscarriage boards.

i wanna congratulate you on your pregnancies! im so glad to know i will have a place to come when i finally get pregnant, where there will be those of you who know and understand my feelings (unfortunate for our losses)

onto getting pregnant..I had a chemical pregnancy back in june after just one month of ttc. from then until just last month my cycle was failed up but i finally got it figured out. its 33 days and i ovulate the 19th. I even bought a fertility monitor and lastmonth was my first month using it, it too confirmed i peaked on cd19 and 20..getting to the question..me and dh did everything right..bd'd cd days 15,17,18, and 19 and now AF is due the 1st and im getting bfn's on the early tests. so my question is..IF two people are completely healthy, bd on the right days and still dont get pregnant..well is that possible? Should i have further testing? and even though im getting PEAK readings on my monitor, could i not be ovulating after all?What did you do differently the month you became pregnant?

also i wanna send a huge congrats to my girl susan who just her bfp today, we have gone through alot together, im so happy for ya girl
November 30th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is totally possible to still get a BFN in your scenario. Sometimes things just don't meet up. I know we like to think that x+y=z, but in this case, there are so many other factors. It doesn't mean that you have a fertility problem or anything like that, it just means, the egg and sperm didn't connect that month. A doctor would probably tell you to monitor for 3 months and if you're still not prego after that, then make an appointment. Also, consider that it's still too early for your BFP!
The month I got prego the only thing we did differently was we didn't BD quite as much. DH told me that because we were doing it everyday in the previous months, on the day I was allegedly Oing, he didn't have a full load! So we cut it down to every other day and then on the day I thought I O'd we made sure to BD around that.
I really hope you're just testing too early! Keep us posted!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
November 30th, 2005, 09:43 AM
JennL
Hi Danielle! The first two times we got pregnant, we were bd'ing every other day for 5 days before and 5 days after when I was supposed to be ovultating. I did get pregnant but miscarried both times (blighted ovum first time, chromosomal problem second time). This pregnancy was actually completely unexpected as I hadn't even had AF after my second miscarriage and my cycle was off, so guess that we just had good timing

It is completely possible for two healthy adults to do everything right and still be unable to conceive. There's so many factors that contribute to getting pregnant, it's amazing that anyone gets pregnant at all!! Normally I think that most doctors won't do routine testing until 1 year of not being able to conceive, although all doctors are different. The statistics say that the average couple has a 25% chance of conceiving any given month so unfortunately just because you're both healthy doesn't mean that you can automatically get pregnant. Teh great news is that if you have further testing and they were to find a problem, most infertility problems are easily treatable with medications, baby aspiring, progesterone, etc...

Sorry I just noticed that i'm rambling w/out any real direction here! Hope that others will have some advice to offer you Best of luck and
November 30th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Quote:
Originally posted by JennL@Nov 30 2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Danielle!* The first two times we got pregnant, we were bd'ing every other day for 5 days before and 5 days after when I was supposed to be ovultating.* I did get pregnant but miscarried both times (blighted ovum first time, chromosomal problem second time).* This pregnancy was actually completely unexpected as I hadn't even had AF after my second miscarriage and my cycle was off, so guess that we just had good timing*

It is completely possible for two healthy adults to do everything right and still be unable to conceive.* There's so many factors that contribute to getting pregnant, it's amazing that anyone gets pregnant at all!!* Normally I think that most doctors won't do routine testing until 1 year of not being able to conceive, although all doctors are different.* The statistics say that the average couple has a 25% chance of conceiving any given month so unfortunately just because you're both healthy doesn't mean that you can automatically get pregnant.* Teh great news is that if you have further testing and they were to find a problem, most infertility problems are easily treatable with medications, baby aspiring, progesterone, etc...

Sorry I just noticed that i'm rambling w/out any real direction here! Hope that others will have some advice to offer you * Best of luck and*

no your not rambling at all! i appreciate the replies! and you two were both very convincing that i shouldnt assume i have a problem, its just so frustrating, ya know? Its like WHO or WHAT else do i blame? i do have my monitor which gives me some ease to mind. I think we are going to try the every other day approach this month, especially since i wont be totally bummed if i dont become pregnant this cycle, i got pregnant in december with my son and i kinda want to keep "september " as his month..although id be thrilled if it did happen, at anytime! thanks again, i really really appreciated your replies and i wish you the best..im gonna hang around the board and get to know you all if thats okay?! i hope to join you all soon*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
November 30th, 2005, 05:42 PM
soontobemommyto3
aww thanks

We did exactly what we always do to get preganant - only once in the fertile time 1-3 days before O. We never plan it this way but when it happens I end up pregnant. When we do it the "right" way, either every day or every other day I never get pregnant. Go figure.

Good Luck next month sweetie (although you still have a shot this month). I am so pulling for you to get over here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search