Please send more reassurance and sticky dust

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2005, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm 8 weeks prego today and I'm starting to get paranoid all over again. We saw the heart beat a week and a half ago, and I had been feeling pretty crappy all around. The nausea was pretty much all day, no throwing up though, and my boobs were really sore most of the day. Well, yesterday my nausea eased up and only hit right before lunch when I was really hungry. And my boobs now are really only sore at night and first thing in the morning. I guess I'm just concerned because last time the only reason I knew my baby stopped developing was because my symptoms disappeared, so I went to the doctor. I'm scared it's happening again. Yesterday I figured the pregnancy was just giving me a break, but now that I feel okay again today, I'm worried. Has anyone else had their symptoms ease up aroudn 8 weeks?? I'm trying to hold onto hope because they haven't completely disappeared like last time, but you all know how hard that is. Please send me your prayers and sticky dust and let me know I'm not alone!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
December 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Definitely get in to see your doc ASAP and demand that he/she monitor your Hcg levels. I miscarried last time at 10 weeks, but it had actually died around 6 weeks and it was around that time that my boobs stopped hurting almost completely, but I brushed it off because I was in denial.

HOWEVER, this is not to worry you, but rather to empower to go to your Dr. and get answers to reassure you and not be left in the dark (like I was.)
December 1st, 2005, 11:08 AM
soontobemommyto3
Yes, last pregnancy I had a little bleeding around 8 or 9 weeks and lost my symptoms. I went into the OB and everything was fine (at that point). 8 weeks is common for m/s to let up some. I get it REALLY bad from 6 weeks to 8 weeks then it tappers off and is gone by 12-13 weeks.

When is your next appt? You should be able to use a babybeat doppler soon to hear the baby's h/b.
December 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I'm not actually sure that monitoring my HCG at this point would help because right around now is when we start to level off hormone wise, so a dip in levels wouldn't mean certain doom. I felt a little sick again today when I got hungry and my bbs are sore off and on, so I'm holding onto that. It's nice to know that someone else's symptoms disappeared and everything was okay.
Singlecrochet - my last MC reads much like yours. My symptoms disappeared completely, so I called the doc. They did USs at 7 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 weeks. The first 2 we couldn't find a hb, but the doc said that it was okay and to just wait and keep going in. By the 10th week we knew it was gone because it was still measuring 6 1/2.
I have already seen the hb on this baby at 6 1/2 weeks, which is something I never got with the last one, so that gives me hope. My next appointment (I know I'll be getting another US) is on Dec 19th, so I'm just hoping that sometime between now and then I'll feel a symptom or two to keep me going.
Just keep me and canoli in your prayers and send us all the sticky dust you have! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be writing about how I'm so sick I can't keep anything down!

December 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM
JennL
Here's some sticky dust! I actually agree that you should have your hcg levels monitored as well. From all that i've read, as well as been told by my OB, your hormone levels do not begin to taper off until the beginning of the second trimester when the placenta takes over, so that means that you could have them monitored still for a couple of weeks and get a more accurate idea of what's going on.

As far as the symptoms, it's hard to say. When I miscarried, I lost my symptoms completely almost overnight (most notably the sore boobs). You've said that yours are still sore, just not as often - which I would think is still a good sign.

Best thing is to get in contact with your doctor and express your concerns. See if they'll check your hcg levels. Here's an excerpt I found regarding hcg levels:"One important thing to remember is that on average hCG levels double approximately every two days from 4-6 weeks LMP, then doubles every 3 days when the level is 1600-6000, then the doubling slows to every 4 days or so. Levels peak a week or two before end of the first trimester (14 weeks LMP) before declining in the second trimester." - so also keep in mind that if they do check your hcg levels that they may not double every two days, but may be around every 4 days, so don't be alarmed. There's a few websites that i've found that will calculate your doubling time from two given hcg level checks as well which I found useful.

Best of luck - my thoughts are with you! and please keep us posted
December 2nd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
I know exactly how you are feeling. With my last last miscarriage all my symptoms just stopped and i knew something was not right, had a scan and yes the pregnancy had ended yet again for the 3rd time. When i was pregnant again my symptoms did the same and i was so convinced that it had ended again but when they scanned me there was a heartbeat and my symptoms returned a week later and 9mths later i had my little girl.

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
December 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you! With your successful pregnancy, when did your symptoms disappear and when did they return? Just curious..

December 2nd, 2005, 10:33 AM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
They stopped at around 8wks then came back a week later

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
December 12th, 2005, 02:16 PM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just visiting!!

I have never miscarried but even with this pregnancy my morning sickness let up for about a week or so and then hit me again lol. It was around the 8-9 week mark (I cant remember exactly). My boobs also did even get sore until about 12 weeks! The fact that my boobs werent sore always made me worry, but as you can see, I am almost 24 weeks along with my little girl!

I wouldnt hesitate to call your doctor though and explain your concern. Luckily the 19th isn't too far away but maybe they can squeeze you in sooner!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search