Getting close to my angel baby's EDD

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been thinking alot lately about my angel baby. I had a m/c on May 1st at 6 weeks along. I was competely unprepared for it because I never thought it would happen to me. I had two great pregnancies with the boys and never even had one complication. Then I had the m/c and it made me realize that things happen even when you don't expect them to. My EDD was Christmas day and as it gets closer I'm feeling sad again about the baby that I lost. I'm so blessed that I got pregnant right away and thats how I"m due in Feb. I found out at the end of May that I was pregnant again after having a m/c 3-4 weeks earlier.

I guess that I don't wanna sit around and feel bad about the baby that I lost because if it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have the baby I have now but it's still hard to think that I would be having a baby this month.

Anyone have any advise on how to get through it?? I'm so excited to be pregnant again but some days I can't help but remember and be sad for the baby that I lost.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

December 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advise, but I know how you're feeling. I think at some point you just have to accept that you're always going to miss and love that baby. Maybe you can do something in December to remember your angel baby. And every time you think of it, thank it for bringing you this new blessing.

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
December 2nd, 2005, 08:19 AM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
Sorry i don't have any advice for you. I lost my baby last September and my baby i have now was born on the day i lost my baby 12mths later.

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
December 2nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One of my m/c was at 4 months....I went through labor pains (even was able to time my contractions) and everything and there was nothing they could do for me. Even though that was 7 years ago, I still think about it all the time (we tried to get pregnant earlier, but could not conceive again until recently). Sometimes I even cry because the baby was so real to me - my DH lives in a fog over it...to him it wasn't even real (and that's how he dealt with it). I'm worried sick about this new one, but I figured if it's meant to be, then it will be.

The only advice I can give you is to be thankful for the one you have growing in you today and, most importantly, talk to people about your feelings. Don't hide them or keep them down as that can make things worse for you and your unborn child. There is plenty of support on this site, as well as others. I wish I had access to a support group like this 7 years ago.

Also, don't forget that pregnancy has a tendancy to make women more emotional at times because of the raging hormones. I know that I'm always fighting the tears for many different things, simple things like movies, posts I read on this board, my daughter applying for college...anything ... Sometimes it can be overwhelming.

I feel for you...and I know what you're going through.

*Hugs to you*

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
December 3rd, 2005, 11:54 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your pain. Although my EDD isn't until July 3rd, I would have celebrated going into my 2nd trimester on Christmas day.

Why don't you get an ornament for your tree and put it on Christmas day as a way to remember your angel? I got DH an ornament for him to put on the tree that is a 5 pointed star w/ the word "HOPE" on it. This is for us to remember our little one and what s/he would have wanted us to do, hope for a new baby.

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

December 3rd, 2005, 06:07 PM
michaelsbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to michaelsbaby Send a message via MSN to michaelsbaby Send a message via Yahoo to michaelsbaby
Our edd for our angel baby was supposed to be December 15. I have many friends that were pregnant and due to give birth in the weeks before me and already have. I know its hard. But I agree with doing something for your angel baby on the day.

sweetie, I know its not easy, thats why we are here for each other!! To help get through it.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search