getting pregnant while overweight

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
I was wondering if there are any success stories of obese women and healthy pregnancies..im not HUGE like that i need or would even qualify for gastric bypass, i have always struggled with my weight but i was on an antidepressant last year and i gained like 50 lbs in 7 months and havent lost it yet =/ im wondering if its my problem..im also extremely scared of developing gestational diabetes..i weigh about 25 lbs more now then i did when i became pregnant with my son and 15 lbs more than i did when i delivered him, i never developed gd with him though.im also worried that this is the reason im not becoming pregnant
December 7th, 2005, 01:36 AM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
Hi,

I tried to get preg for 2.5 years with #1 and then had a great pregnancy. They say that sometimes weight can hinder fertility. I went on to have #2 after one month of trying. #3 was unexpected and unfortunately ended with a m/c and now preg with #4 7w2d.

I treid Clomid to get preg the 1st time and it didn't work. After 1 year of trying without success I believe you can have some tests done to find out why you are having problems getting preg.

December 7th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Quote:
Hi,

I tried to get preg for 2.5 years with #1 and then had a great pregnancy. They say that sometimes weight can hinder fertility. I went on to have #2 after one month of trying. #3 was unexpected and unfortunately ended with a m/c and now preg with #4 7w2d.

I treid Clomid to get preg the 1st time and it didn't work. After 1 year of trying without success I believe you can have some tests done to find out why you are having problems getting preg.[/b]
thank you very much!
December 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am at least 40 lbs overweight and I have had two very healthy pregnancies. I also have pcos. But, everyone and everything went well . B
December 15th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Miles
I also heard that about being overweight and I too am overweight. Dh and I started ttc number 2 and it took us over a year and a half to do but I got pg in Sept but it ended in m.c. I was told my eight had nothing to do with us ttc for so long. Also I gained well over the amount I should have with my dd and I never got gd I did however have high bp.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search