How soon after your m/c..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I found out on Wed. that my baby has no h/b... I'm going today for the D & C... I'm very sad, but trying to move on. I'm trying to think positive thoughts--- about conceiving again and having a healthy pregnancy. We talked about waiting one cycle (like they suggested), but my question is... has anyone on here conceived weeks after their m/c? What are the risks? Are you more likely to m/c if you don't wait for a period? I just want some sort of hope, but I don't want to do anything stupid... any thoughts???

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

December 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The reason they want you to wait 1month is because of the d&c, it scrapes the lining away and if you got pg the first month then the lining may not be thick enough and healed enough to sustain a pregnancy. With no d&c you could ttc asap.
December 10th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Regular
I would definitly wait at least 1 cycle after a D+C. You need to give your body and mind time to heal. I had a missed miscarriage in July and had a D+C. We waited one cycle which came exactly 28 days after my D+C. We got pregnant the very next month. My doctor told me to wait 2 cycles, but we didn't. He put me on Prometrium since we got pregnant so soon. Not all docs do this, but mine decided to. I am sorry for your loss. Here's a little hope....my doctor told me that I had a BETTER chance after my miscarriage of having a normal pregnancy the next time. He was right!
New bean due 5/17/06!!

December 10th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my doc. told me to start ttc after 3 months of my m/c it was really hard for me to wait that long .. but time always fly !

good luck
December 10th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started TTC the next cycle but I had a natural M/C no D&C. I would wait 1 cycle if I was you just to be safe.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
December 11th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Stacey I hope you are doing well today. I wanted to let you know my OB told me 2 cycles so that the lining could really build up nicely. He said there was definitely a higher risk of m/c if I were to get pregnant before then. So, we are waiting until the end of January.

December 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
I was told to wait 3mths cos it takes that long for your hormones to go back to normal.

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
December 12th, 2005, 09:33 AM
JennL
I am very sorry that you're going through this, and hope that the D&C was ok. Our doc. told us to wait 1-2 full cycles prior to TTC again after the 2nd miscarriage - reasons being so that they could get an accurate date if I were to get pregnant again, and also for the lining to have a chance to build up and all of that.

I had a D&C at the end of May, didn't get AF by end of July and found out that I was pregnant when I tested around the last week of July. Needless to say we were a little shocked (guess we weren't being careful enough!), and I was really nervous about everything because we hadn't waited a full cycle and all of that. I'm almost in the 3rd trimester and so far everything with this pregnancy has been great - so guess we'll see

I have heard of numerous people that have had successful pregnancies without waiting, but I still think that it's better to be on the safe side and listen to the doctor's recommendations just in case
December 12th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I would definitly wait at least 1 cycle after a D+C. You need to give your body and mind time to heal. I had a missed miscarriage in July and had a D+C. We waited one cycle which came exactly 28 days after my D+C. We got pregnant the very next month. My doctor told me to wait 2 cycles, but we didn't. He put me on Prometrium since we got pregnant so soon. Not all docs do this, but mine decided to. I am sorry for your loss. Here's a little hope....my doctor told me that I had a BETTER chance after my miscarriage of having a normal pregnancy the next time. He was right![/b]
I ALSO had my next cycle start 28 days after D+C and was told to wait for 2-3, but I couldn't wait and it is now almost exactly two months since M/C and I got a BFP yesterday!

Stacy29: right now is a time to take of you for a bit. i agree with everyone else on taking a few weeks to let your body get itself healed, but as soon as you feel ready (emotionally and physically) get right back to it.

DD: 11/28/2006
DD: 11/28/2006

December 13th, 2005, 03:48 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Yes, I was pregnant the following cycle, I didn't even get a perroid. Though I had a second and then a 3d mc. I've known a few girls who have had a mc. and then have been pregnant right after with no problem.
Sorry to hear about your loss. ? Risks??? the best thing to do is not boggle yourself down with statics really.
Their is always 2 sides to everything, if your emtionally ready, and their is NO medical reason your doc is telling you for you not to ttc, then I say go for it!

</div>
December 14th, 2005, 08:23 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stacy,

I had a m/c in May and then got pregnant right away before AF had a chance to show. I've had a great pregnancy this time around!!! I didn't have a D&C, so I don't know if it's any different for that or not but my Dr said that there's no greater risk of m/c if you get pregnant right away and there's no physical reason to wait before you start TTC again. We decided not to wait and were pleasantly supprised when we got pregnant again so soon.

I would ask your Dr and see what they say. It probably depends on the dr and rather you had a D&C or not.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

December 16th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey everyone,
Thanks for your replies... I had almost forgotten I posted in here (since I don't come in this forum often at all)... anyhow, I have definitely decided to wait for at least one cycle... I will probably start trying again after that and see what happens... just don't want to do anything stupid, but I am SO ANXIOUS to be a mommy-- like all of you.

I'm happy you are all having such wonderful pregnancies!!! I hope to join you within the next few months with a HEALTHY little bean (please God, please God, please God!).

Good luck!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

December 17th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for you're lose, did they do a u/s on you to make sure there is no growth and no h/b?

I have a chemical pg in June 18 2005, and got regnant again in Oct now im due in June 8 i foound that to be a little weried, cause i lost a baby in the same month im due.

</div>

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search