Due date buddies

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2008, 01:37 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
If you were in a ddc, did you do the due date buddies thing? Just curious. I don't know if I want to or not to be honest with you. I know when I'll have the baby (scheduled c-section) and I just figure I'd update when I got home or something. I'm a little wierd about calling someone I don't know at that point. Just looking for opinions.

August 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
u can call me!!!!!

i will update everyone.....

i didnt have one, just Bobbie

August 1st, 2008, 02:00 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to take Brandy's place, but you can also call me. Hopefully I won't be in labor at the same time you are having your c-sention

August 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I just figured I'd have my sister do it. Well, she's deleted her JM account due to harassment issues...but I can still have her log into my account when the time comes. I had her update for Erin too. *shrugs*

I figure, I'll probably give an "I'm in labor!" post, and then have her update everyone.

August 1st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have one in my DDC but we dont really talk much. Bobbie is my go to girl for when I go into labor.

August 1st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Angi, I love your new siggy and that pic of the new puppy, she's just so cute...

August 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
Kangaroo510
I kind of did it with Dahlia but it never really took off. I didn't call her. Wasn't interested in calling somebody I didn't know. That's kind of weird to me.
August 1st, 2008, 03:01 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i do have on ein my ddc. she just gave birth last night! yay! we have pmed a few times back and forth & when she went into labor she texted me. and she texted me updates as things progressed and then when she gave birth. i will text her also next week when i go into to be induced.
August 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did the DDB, you could always just text the person too LOL
August 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one in my DDC, but I'd be willing to be a txting-ddb in here too. If anyone wants one

August 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one in my DDC. For the most past we just post back & forth in the DDB forum and occasionally by PM. I don't think either one of us is planning on calling the other, but I might PM or text her if I went into labor before my scheduled c-section.
August 1st, 2008, 07:54 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
right now IDK, they haven't started the DDB's yet. but I don't really want to get paired with someone i don't know. I'd be okay if it was someone that I knew for awhile, like most of you ladies.
August 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not going to do it. I do not feel that comfortable with anyone in our DDC. I will either do it myself... or call Brandy or Dee... or Heather.... or Angie.... LOL

If anyone wants my number to be their buddy, let me know... I am more than willing to be a *go to* person. Makes me feel important! LOL!!!!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

August 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm also available to be a DDB also if anyone needs one. Thank you Patty I just got it today.

August 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am available too!!! Just PM me for my number
August 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I have a DDB in my ddc but I also have the text ablity with a few jm members - 2 from my DDC and my good friend Ashley - so Ashley will probably update everyone since she is updating my facebook for me

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
August 1st, 2008, 11:50 PM
*Pamela*
I was paired up with someone in my ddc but she is hardly ever on. I stopped visiting and just the other day started posting again. I had joined so late it was hard fitting in, they are great supportive ladies though.

I can't really call anyone anyways so the only way is to see if my hubby will update on the site here. I'll only be in the hospital for 24 hours anyway and that's only because I need antibiotics. If I didnt' need that, I'd be home in a few hours. TBH, if it wasn't for the GBS, I'd have an unassisted birth at home.

I am coming up with a birth plan though, don't want to be stuck lying in a bed trying to labour, I want to be able to get up and walk.
August 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
im willing as well, so if you want my home number or cell number just PM me!!! I will be so happy to do it.

August 2nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Kangaroo510
We've got a LOOONG way to go but I'll make sure DH updates you guys if I can't!
August 4th, 2008, 05:25 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
Thanks ladies. You are all aweseome. I will probably just use one of you when the time comes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search