had to take Katie to te ER last night

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
first of all...she is ok....we took her home at 12:30....we were there for about 4 hours !
she was running a temp when we got there.....my little girl had come down with a little virus ! The past few days she just was not acting right, and Mick and I decided we should take her to the hospital...better to be safe than sorry.

they gave her pedialyte & did bloodwork.....I had to leave the room...I couldnt bear to hear her screaming...
the lab tech had to draw from both arms because she couldnt get it from one! ugh !!!
Mick's cousin is an ER nurse so she was with us the whole time and stayed in the hall with me to keep my occupied while Katie was getting bloodwork. It took 4 people to hold her still......my little girl is STRONG.

The dr. said it just has to run its course give her tylenol if she has a fever & give her pedialyte in between feedings.The dr. also said I am feeding her too often......it should be every 4 hours.....well if she is hungry every 3, then that is when I am feeding her !!
geez !

she now weighs 11 lbs 10 oz !

today she has been resting alot but is sooooooooooo happy ! smiling and cooing !! so she is doing better !!
so ladies between taking care of my sweetie and getting ready for my mom's visit this friday.....I may not be around too much.....

August 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am soooo glad she is okay, but sorry she is sick sorry she gave you guys such a scare too, its sooooo hard seeing them sick and in pain I hope she recovers quick!!!
August 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Glad she is feeling better!!!
August 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, that stinks! I'm sorry Miss Katie wasn't feeling well! It's tough when they're sick that young! I hope she gets to feeling better quickly!

August 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, poor baby! I'm sorry she was sick. I hope she recovers quickly!

August 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Kangaroo510
Ok, that doctor was crazy to tell you that she should only be eating every 4 hours!! If you are nursing it could be as close as every two hours and if you are bottle feeding than 2 1/2 to 3 is normal at her age!! Crazy Doctor!

Glad she is doing better!!!!
August 3rd, 2008, 11:36 PM
*Pamela*
I'm so sorry hun and I'm glad she is feeling better. That doctor was so wrong in telling you that you're feeding her too much. Babies feed on their own schedule, not theirs. Ethanael went through a phase where he was nursing every hour and he's just fine. You do what you feel Katie needs and what is best for her. They don't know Katie and how she feels.
August 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
OMG, I bet you were scared to death, Dee. I'm so glad Katie is feeling better and it was nothing too serious. I hope she starts feeling even better and you get ready for your mom.

August 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad she's ok! sorry they had to do blood work.. an di just wanted to ditto the other girls on the Dr. is crazy to think she is being fed to often! she's still little! at that age it can be whenever they want! i also when through a few phases with layla where i fed her every hour... i think she was trying to get my milk supply up..

~Em

August 4th, 2008, 07:25 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry your little girl has been a sickie! i hope she keeps getting better & that sounds awful seeing and hearing her being miserable
August 4th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad Katie is okay! Don't listen to that stupid doctor - three hours is totally fine!
August 4th, 2008, 09:39 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scarey that you had to take Katie, in but thank goodness she is alright. It sounds like she is already on the road to recovery. I know what you mean about having to leave the room when they drew Katie's blood. I always made carlos take Sophie, because I just couldn't stand watching them hurt my baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search