my u/s today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Pound's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm so happy, i saw the baby last week when i had a spotting scare, but today my hubby got to see it too. and we decided to tell our son, so he came along. he was so excited to see it. we saw the heartbeat, it's 151, and measuring 7w 1d, which sets me back 3 days. BOO! but i'm not changing my ticker

August 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Linda, that's wonderful, what a pretty picture. I feel awful because I completly forgot about your u/s today, I been so busy here at work, that I forgot.
I'm so happy that you guys got to see the little one, how old is your son?

August 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Linda thats awsome news hunny!!!! Congrats, how did your son react? Is he excited to be a big brother???? I hope everything continues to go so well girly

August 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
patty- don't be silly, i don't expect you to remember every appt *i* have...
ethan just turned 6, and has been asking for a sibling forever. he was so happy, and said it's a girl.
and actually, now that i know i ovulated late, we have a good chance of having a girl (we stopped bd the day after i thought i o'd, but turns out i didn't o til 2 days after THAT!)

eleysia- thanks! ethan was so happy, he got to see the heartbeat and all too. i'm still nervous, cuz of my previous m/c, but the tech made me feel better today. she said after seeing a hb at this time, it goes down to 2%, and since i already had a m/c, i got my bad one out of the way lol. i like that she put it like that, cuz it makes sense in the probability and statistics of it.

August 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Linda, you are so sweet....I also felt better after the doctor told me that after seing the h/h the chances go down, and after you hear the h/b it's even less-so it only gets better from here.
How cute that he wants a sister, it had to be so amazing for him to him his little sister/bother in a machine and see a h/b, just the thought of it makes me so emotional.

just in case I haven't said it YAY for a great appointment!

August 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM
thanks patty

i think i'll just be worried every time i have an appt, like what if we don't hear/see it??? but each time that goes by, i feel better. we'll be out of town on vacay for 2 wks, so hopefully that makes it go by fast. then i'll be a wk away from the 2nd tri when we get back.

August 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Linda.... AWWW what a cute little bean!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

August 7th, 2008, 05:38 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
What a wonderful appt. I'm so glad dh and ds got to see the baby and hb. I'm so happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Where are you going?

August 7th, 2008, 06:01 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you had such a great appt!!! And that your DH & DS got to see the baby & the H/b!!
August 7th, 2008, 09:38 AM
thanks girls!!!! yes it was so sweet seeing ethan get all excited.

michelle- we're going to thailand to visit my family. this will be the 1st time my dad will see his only grandkid! and he's the only great grandchild on that side too, so my grandparents will be so happy.

August 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, Linda, that's great that you got to take hubby and ds to see the little one!!! So sweet about your son being so excited!!! Mine is too (he's 7), and he wants a girl as well.

Have a wonderful time on vacation!! You're family is going to love having you there!! Eat up! My Philippina Lola (grandma) is always trying to stuff me full of food "It's good luck to feed a pregnant woman," is it the same there?

August 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM
herpersmama- i'm not sure if it's the same, but they sure love to feed us no matter what! i used to live in a town where everyone was filippino, so i had lots of filippino friends (still do!) my friend made pansit a few months ago and made extra for me, and i ate it everyday til it was gone lmao. so i ate it twice a day for like 5 days omg i love that.

August 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAH!!! Great News!!!
August 8th, 2008, 01:00 AM
*Pamela*
What a great day for you and your family!!! It's always a special moment when our families can share the excitement of seeing the baby on the screen.

So happy for you hun.
August 8th, 2008, 01:01 AM
*Pamela*
What a great day for you and your family!!! It's always a special moment when our families can share the excitement of seeing the baby on the screen.

So happy for you hun.
August 8th, 2008, 01:08 AM
*Pamela*

So happy for you hun.
August 8th, 2008, 10:27 AM
thanks girls!

August 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What an awesome picture I'm so glad all is well with your little one!!! What is your DD now? I'm curious if ours is the same now that yours was 3 days behind. Mine is the 25th. When's your next appt?

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!
August 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
my new edd is mar 24. i don't go again until spt 2, cuz we'll be out of town, but i don't think that one's for an u/s. maybe she'll doppler? not sure, the dr had me make an appt to see the nurse for a pg consultation, so i don't know even know what that means. i hope she at least does a doppler, i'll be right under 12 wks then and so close to the 2nd tri!!!
when's your next appt?

August 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mines not untill september 8th, i don't get a u/s either but i actually made my appt for the NT scan (i think thats what it is?) and thats sept 15 so i will get another u/s then and i'll be around 13weeks!!

I bet your Dr will try the doppler, you will probably hear the HB by then! Ooh how exciting Although september seems really far away now, doesnt it?

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search