Back in the hospital

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
So..I went into the doctors office yesterday and my cervix is down to 1cm with severe funneling. They said I have a dynamic cervix, while they had the probe in doing a trans vag u/s my cervix was a 3.2 then it funneled down to a .81 while I was laying flat in the bed, no contractions causing this, just the weight of Nathan. So I am in the hospital for at least 2 more weeks to see if bedrest stablizes it, but they do not think it really will. Good news is I am 28 weeks today!!!! And they measured Nathan at 2.9lbs yesterday, and 3.1bs today so they are saying 2 1/2 lbs-3lbs. Which is great!! He looks great, no contractions just alot of pressure, when go to the bathroom or shower. The peri says Nathan has a 99percent chance of survial with the NICU here in Charlotte, so that is an amazing blessing!!!!! I dont want him to come but if he does the I at least know that he was a great great place to be. So my new goal is 28wks and 1day. I am taking one day at a time, and counting them as huge steps. Now I know I have an incompetent cervix, and cant carry a child without a lil help next time. So thanks for your prayers, and please keep em comming!!

[/font]

[font="Verdana"]Love yall!

August 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Oh WOW, hun!!! Definitely sending you "baking" prayers!!! I'm so glad that your doctors have been on top of this!!! At the very least, you can be so thankful that you made it this far w/ him and he will receive great care there in Charlotte!!! That's crazy that it funneled that much in the time they were monitoring it!! So glad that happened in the doctor's office and not at home w/ you not know it!

OK, today we're praying for 28wks and 1 day, tomorrow we'll set a new goal!! Hang in there and know we're thinking about you!!!

August 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I ditto Herpersmama. I'm so glad the drs are taking such good care of you. I'm praying for you and Nathan. Update us when you can. We love you!

August 7th, 2008, 01:16 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn

One day at a time is a GREAT attitude to have! I was on bedrest with my first pregnancy for 3 months (luckily not all in the hospital) so I know it can be frustrating.

We'll be sending you lots of T&Ps!!

August 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you are in a great hospital!! Please keep us updated and I will be praying fo you guys everyday!!!

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
August 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have such a great attitude! I hope your bed rest gets your cervix under control. It is wonderful that you are at such a great hospital, with a doctor that is truly watching out for you and Nathan. Keep us posted!

August 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Thanks guys, I agree that my doctors are great with me and Nathan, there are a few in the pratice that could care less, but I have learned to stand up to them. So doing great, feeling some pressure but holding on!! I have a ffn test on Saturday, so until then we are just playin the waiting game!
August 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm adding my thoughts and prayers!! I'm glad that you found your good Dr. You've done an amazing job baking him this long!

August 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keep BAKING nathan!!!! Stay in there as LONG as you can. I will praying for you!
August 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy Cow! What a roller coaster you have been on. I am glad things are looking great even if he comes early. Keep growing that little man. We can't wait to meet him... but we can wait patiently!

Baking baby vibes coming your way

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

August 8th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you are going through this but thank GOD they caught it again, I hope it holds off as long as possible and Nathaniel bakes a few more weeks, but YAY on making it so far already!!! You and Nathaniel are in my prayers
August 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW Jen!!! I am so glad that happened while they were watching! I'm sending you a PM now. Keep baking Nathan as long as you can!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope he bakes for as long as possible, hun!!

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!
August 9th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Gosh, how scary! We are praying for you both over here. I can't even imagine what you are going through. One day at a time....hang in there!

XOXOOXOXXOXOXOXO
August 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that is crazy scary! I am just so glad that they caught it! I know being in the hospital is no fun, but you are in the best place you can be right now. I hope he continues to bake, but I am glad you are as far along as you are. Have you had the FFN test yet? What is that by the way?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search