What was your AF like?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Miles
What was your AF like after you m.c? Was it normal or lighter or heavier? Did you have some brown bleeding also when you had AF and also some cm mixed in? Did any of you still get your AF but was pg right after you m.c?
December 15th, 2005, 11:02 AM
soontobemommyto3
I lost my baby later then most and I had a labor and delivery so it was much like after a term birth. My first period afterwards was very painful and heavy. I got pregnant again the 3rd cycle after our loss.
December 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Miles
First off sorry about your loss but CONGRATS with your new pregnancy. I had an AF in Nov but it was really light and a lot of brown cm. I have the signs back that I maybe pg but I had an AF. I didnt know if it was a normal AF after a m.c or not. I was 6 wks along and had a natural m.c. Thanks and congrats again!
December 17th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine was crazy, I had a chemical in june, aug and sept i really didn't have one it was more like spotting till it did come, and when it did it very light to spotting. I didn't O in aug but i did in spet.

</div>

</div>
December 17th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just got my first AF since I lost the baby and it's been horrible so far. I woke up to cramps yesterday morning that I haven't had for over 10 years (before I found out about the Endo and was given pain killers). It's been very heavy but at least it showerd up which means that we can officially TTC now!

Good luck.
December 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Miles
Quote:
I just got my first AF since I lost the baby and it's been horrible so far. I woke up to cramps yesterday morning that I haven't had for over 10 years (before I found out about the Endo and was given pain killers). It's been very heavy but at least it showerd up which means that we can officially TTC now!

Good luck.[/b]
U poor thing you got the bad AF. A friend of mine had 2 m.c in a row. The second one she didnt mean to get pg so quick after her 1st m.c. She started to bleed and was concerned something was wrong because it was really bad and found out she was pg but was having a chemical m.c. Her Af after both of them was like yours. They had to give her pain killers the cramps were so bad. She had her AF for over a wk also. I felt so bad when she was telling me. I feel horrible for you also. Good luck!
December 28th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Miles! Although I am not pregnant, I did just have my 1st AF after the D&C. She came exactly 28 days after I stopped bleeding/spotting from the m/c. I did have brown cm for 2 days prior to AF and some the last day of AF. Weird b/c I never had it like this so I am assuming it is b/c of the D&C.

December 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Miles
Quote:
Hi Miles! Although I am not pregnant, I did just have my 1st AF after the D&C. She came exactly 28 days after I stopped bleeding/spotting from the m/c. I did have brown cm for 2 days prior to AF and some the last day of AF. Weird b/c I never had it like this so I am assuming it is b/c of the D&C.[/b]
Hey you
I had the brown cm when I had my AF. It was like spotting for 2 days and my AF was only 5 days long. And I heard it was normal to have it after a m.c.
December 30th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Regular
Hi Miles

Mine came 27 days after D & C ...... I had no brown or spotting.. Just woke up that day and there it was... By the end of that day it was very heavy and continued until yesterday afternoon and then.. boom,,, it just slowed down to a trickle... just weird... I had no cramps at all.. surprised me..... It was the worst period i ever had as far as being heavy... lots of clots too.....
January 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Miles
Quote:
Hi Miles

Mine came 27 days after D & C ...... I had no brown or spotting.. Just woke up that day and there it was... By the end of that day it was very heavy and continued until yesterday afternoon and then.. boom,,, it just slowed down to a trickle... just weird... I had no cramps at all.. surprised me..... It was the worst period i ever had as far as being heavy... lots of clots too.....[/b]

Hello Deb
I am on my second AF since the mc and it seems to be normal, other than it going longer than normal. I am on Day 5 and usually its stopped by now but it seems to stay a couple more days UGH!
January 3rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Regular
Hi! I got AF 5 weeks after the D&C. It was brown and just spotting the first day and I thought I was going to get a super light AF. But the next day it got pretty heavy and full flow started. Lasted 3-4 days. Luckily I didn't cramp and it wasn't painful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search