I wanna feel the baby MOVE!!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
ChattyAshley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those of you who have already had your first, how long until you first felt the baby move?
I am getting so anxious! I just wanna feel some flutters or SOMETHING!!!
After reading Bobbie's post I laid in bed last night and laid on the couch this morning with my hands on my belly just wishing I would feel something.
Everyone has said with your first you're more likely to feel it closer to 20 weeks, but I can't wait that long!!! DAAAHHHH!!!!!

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my cute siggy!
August 9th, 2008, 11:54 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt Hayden at 18 weeks on the nose! I felt him on the outside too that day, so that is how I knew for sure it was him and not my imagination. So, I am sure I was feeling him before then too, but just not recognizing it. So, maybe if you drink a bunch of OJ and lay down, you might feel something. The wait is agonizing, but it is well worth it once you know for sure that it's your baby making himself/herself known!!

By the way, I still have not felt flutters, and the first movements I felt were like little taps, like someone poking me ever so gently from the inside.

Good luck, can't wait to hear when you have felt your LO!!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I first felt Cora somewhere between 17 and 18 weeks. I was drinking an ENORMOUS mug of hot chocolate, and had leaned over...and just knew it had to be her.

I'm really wanting to feel this one too! *Hello in there!!*

August 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night and today is the first time I have felt this baby moving and know for sure that its the baby and not gas or something like that!! I know how you are feeling. I have been feeling that way too up until now. I think it depends on a lot of things for when you first feel the baby move. With Abby I felt small movements around 21 weeks and one day before 22 weeks dh was even able to feel her kick him once. I can't wait until dh can feel this one kicking him too!! Not too much longer now. Hang in there! I remember thinking how I didn't really like that 12-20weeks because although we know we are pregnant there is nothing screaming "i am pregnant". kwim? Some of the women in my ddc started feeling movements very early on, I wasn't one of the lucky ones.

August 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Well...I had an anterior placenta with Bailey and so all of her kicks/movements were cushioned - so it was well after 20 weeks for me.

August 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley.... you will feel it soon.

I think it's easier for me because I have already had two kids. With Jeremy I remember feeling him around 20 weeks. With Amanda it was earlier than that, but I don't remember exactly when. I have it written down in a journal... but for the life of me can't find it

That and I spend hours just laying there waiting right now... LOL

I can't wait till you post that "I FELT IT" post.....

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

August 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I first felt Madison moving in the 15th week but she didnt start getting strong till around 18 weeks. I hope you get to feel your little one really soon.

August 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww i know how you feel! it seems like it takes FOREVER for them to start moving around so you can feel it..

MY suggestion is to lay on your left or right side...with your hand on your lower abdomin.. OR sit down and lean over.. a lot of girls in my DDC who felt their babies for the first time felt it when they had their elbows on their knees...

With layla i was 16 1/2 weeks pregnant..

and this one i was 15w1d...

I am just like victoria too.. i never really felt the flutters that everyone talks about.. the first movements always felt like really light tapping or bubbles popping .. and it starts out only 1-2 at a time.. sometimes 3.. and only like once or twice a day... at least for me!

~Em

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search