Need help please

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Ok I just went to the bathroom to pee, didnt hold it or anything and ever since then I've been having some uncomfortable cramping. I can feel it tighten and then relaxe and then tighten again right away. This has happened about 5 times so far and still going. Could these be contractions or just BH? I need any help I can get right now because I dont want to call the doctor if its nothing. Thank you so much.

August 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If they were contractions they would be very painful. If it just is a tightening feeling it is probably braxton hicks. I have been getting cramp like feelings lately, but know they are not contractions because they do not go away in a minute or so. That being said...it is always better to be safe then sorry, you may want to just touch bases with your doctor and describe the pain. Contractions will come and be painful and then they will go away and you will no longer hurt. I don't know if I was any help Angie...
August 11th, 2008, 01:15 PM
*Pamela*
I agree, sounds like BH and you're right at that time for them. However, if they don't go away, call your doctor, even if they aren't painful.

August 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on the BH. Id drink some water, lay on your left side for a while and take it easy. They hould let up. If they do not, or they become painful, or even move into your back call the doc asap. Id call and ask about it just in case though, never too safe.

August 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Ok just called and left a message for the nurse to have either a nurse or doctor call me back. I told them it had to do with some cramping I'm having that still havent gone away. I hope they call me back soon. I really hope its nothing to serious but I'll find out.

They are a little painful and I can still feel them. When I sit down they are not to bad but as soon as I get up I feel them again. I'm just really scared right now and I know she is ok for now because I feel her moving but I still want to see what the doctor says.

August 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM
*Pamela*
glad you called the doctor hun, always better to be safe. BH can be different for everybody.
August 11th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm still waiting for them to call me back but so far they have gone away. It was just really scary because they were coming right behind each other for about 5-10 minutes. I kind of feel fulish now for freaking out.

August 11th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dont feel foolish at all!! Thats your little girl in there, if you dont worry about her... who will? I had PTL at 28 weeks and thank god I worried!!! Gavin was coming, and had not gone to L&D who know what woulda happened.. i didnt even realize i was in active labor it hurt like heck but it just didnt click that he was coming ya know???

Madison is lucky to have such an aware and cautious mommy

August 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
*Pamela*
I'm so glad they are going away. Don't ever feel foolish, this is what moms do, we take care of our babies from the time they are in the womb until we are gone. Plus, we pay doctors to look after us and should be supportive of all our worries for our babies' health.
August 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I have contractions that tighten and do not hurt just feel crampy kinda..my doc says if they are consistant they are real. Glad you are feeling better. Trust me hon..better to be safe than sorry.
August 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
I'm glad you are feeling better!

August 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad they stopped hopefully your Dr will be able to give you a little more reassurance. However don't feel bad for calling them!
August 12th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
I hope they went away now. I really do. She has to stay baking for a bit more!
I agree on the BH. when they are contractions you will know. it knocks the breath outta ya..LOL. just lay on your side and drink lots of water and see what happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search