Heart Rate Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kpokorny
Not sure why I didn't think of posting this here first, guess because I haven't posted here for a while, but most of you guys are like me.... 11 weeks and been to the Dr. 15 times already! lol! I posted this in the Feb DDC, which is a month ahead of me, thinking they might have a little more experience than March DDC that I'm in but it seems that they have also only had 2 appts. by now. So here goes maybe you ladies can help...

To start off... I've lost 5 babies total so I'm a nervous wreck to start with. Long story, but the last 3, everything has went along fine then next appt. no heartbeat. So... I just got back from my appt. at Maternal Fetal medicine, (things are a little different this time as I'm giving myself heparin injections twice a day hoping that is going to do the trick) BUT... My question is... The baby is fine, but I'm concerned that the heart rate has pretty consistently been in the 170's (last Wed 173), today it was 153. They along with my OB's office has assured me that it is completely normal because it is within normal range. Well... because of my past, which yes... they know it, I'm a freak when it comes to the heart rate. I know it is within normal "range" but have any of you had it vary that much within a week?

Sorry... I know I'm rambling, I just read that and it's a little mixed up... anyway... Can anyone calm my nerves (or not).

Karen

1st Loss~08/14/00-No EDD
03/10/92-My beautiful daughter Kalina's Birthday!
05/12/94-My beautiful daughter Sierra's Birthday!
2nd Loss at 28 weeks~09/12/05 (Charlie's angel day - Trisomy 18)
3rd Loss at 15 weeks~03/04/06-EDD 08/23/06
4th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~09/12/06-EDD 04/08/07
5th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~girl 01/14/08-EDD 07/23/08
6th Loss at 19 weeks~10/04/08 (Joey's angel Day - Cord accident)</div>

<div align="center">

</div>
August 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a post very similar to this. I was having the hb in the 150's and then all of a sudden it was in the 130's. I freaked out too. I called my friend who is a nurse and went into her hospital later that night because I just couldn't sleep not knowing. And guess what, it was back in the 150's, apparently my little one was sleeping or resting when I was at the dr.'s office and later that night she got moving around again. My friend told me that its not really too uncommon but if it goes under 120 then she might worry more. Even our heartrates change by 10 or 20bpm, so as hard as it is try not to worry too much about that. I know easier said than done.

I am also taking a shot of lovenox this time and it seems to be doing the trick. So have faith that you are doing something different this time and it will work out. Your little one will be in your arms in no time! As others have helped me...this is a different pregnancy!!

August 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I agree that it is normal. I can't remember what the heart rates were when I was at my earlier appointments, but I do know it was never really the same. 150's is a good range to be in. As Rhonda said, your little one may have been sleeping at this appointment, or at your last appointment, when it was in the 170's, it may have just been really active at that point.

I hope the heparin does the trick this time and you can have a relaxing rest of your pregnancy. Well, as relaxing as pregnancy can be!

August 12th, 2008, 04:56 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
It really is normal for it to fluctuate like that. Katie's was in te 170-160's at first also...then she evened out at 150 most of the time

August 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kpokorny
Thanks ladies!!! I think I have calmed down a bit. I ordered a doppler over the weekend and according to the tracking number, it should be here today!!! yay!!! I think it will help if I know for absolutely certain every day that I can hear the baby for myself. Last time, my Dr. told me that it would just drive me crazy... I think she's crazy. I DID upgrade to the more expensive one, that actually has a read out of the heart rate, then I won't drive myself nuts worrying that I'm hearing MY heartbeat instead of the baby's. Probably a good thing that I saw the fluctuation in the Dr's office instead of when I have the doppler at home. Thanks again for all your feedback! It did really help!

1st Loss~08/14/00-No EDD
03/10/92-My beautiful daughter Kalina's Birthday!
05/12/94-My beautiful daughter Sierra's Birthday!
2nd Loss at 28 weeks~09/12/05 (Charlie's angel day - Trisomy 18)
3rd Loss at 15 weeks~03/04/06-EDD 08/23/06
4th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~09/12/06-EDD 04/08/07
5th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~girl 01/14/08-EDD 07/23/08
6th Loss at 19 weeks~10/04/08 (Joey's angel Day - Cord accident)</div>

<div align="center">

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search