Counting Down

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2008, 09:01 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I passed my ffn test!!!

So I get to go home at 30 weeks!!! That is next Thursday just 8 more days. My docotor seems to think that even with my cervix being all but gone I will not deliever within the next two weeks..Im a little confused about that, but I do know that if after two weeks in the hospital I do not go into labor then I am going to be able to be home on bedrest, and hopefully it can stay that way. I hate it here. The nurses wake me up at 6:30 every morning because their shift starts, and I always have to be on thier schedule and they poke, prode, swab and touch me WAY to much. They did a groub b strep step the other day and then did not send it off. I am so mad about that. I dont want them swabbing me anymore. I hate them monitoring me and pressing me all the time. Basically it comes down to the fact that I am just ready to go home, to have some peace and quiet. Its very very stressful here. So the count down begins!!!
August 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
That is great! I hope the days fly by for you so you can get some peace and quiet at home.

August 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great news! I hope those 8 days fly by for you. You will be so much more comfortable in your own home.

August 13th, 2008, 10:02 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen - Congrats on the negative ffn! That's great news! I'm so glad you should get to go home in 8 days - that would be awesome! You've done such a great job so far of keeing Nathan in there and baking! You can do it 8 more days!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 13th, 2008, 10:58 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen that is fantastic news!!!! I am sorry that you are getting so much poking and proding, but soon you will be home in your own bed and can finally get the rest you need (who ever said hospitals were for resting lied!!!!)
August 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yuck! That does not sound like a relaxing place, I'm sorry hun... tell those darn nurses to LAY OFF!

But, YAY!! that you get to go home in about a week - that is awesome news!! How often will you see the doc when you are on bedrest at home?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I bet you cannotwait!!! Thatis wonderful the FFN is negative! with ethan I was 2cm and 25% effaced from 26 wks on and he stayed in til 36 wks, so just because your cervix is gone doesnt mean he will be here real soon I was on strict bedrest with terbuteline, are they sending you home with a any meds to stop labor?
August 14th, 2008, 01:01 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I havent had but a few contractions on the day I came in, and they think it was stressed induced due to the cervical exam results.

As far as I know they arent sending me home with anything, because with an incompetent cervix the contractions usually dont start until you are well into active labor and dialted pretty far, thats what scares me about being away from the hospital..silently dialting..

I see my doctor bi-weekly and my nurse weekly for a shot all that running back n forth isnt very good but unfortantly I have to..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search