Had Anatomy Scan Yesterday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2008, 01:34 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And the good news is that Hayden looks great!! That has not necessarily been confirmed by the doc yet, but the words the u/s tech used was "everything looks good" and remarked that he had a big belly! Thank you Ben and Jerry's for making my little boy a chunker!

He already weighs one whole pound, which is a little surprising to me bc everything I read says he should be between 10-12 oz.'s! Yikes! Do I have a 12 lb baby in my future?! Ladies, I would love to hear how much your baby weighed around this time if you were told.

Anyhow, I was a little disspointed in the whole U/S experience though. I had a not so friendly tech. She was nice, just not friendly or all that interested in making it an enjoyable experience for Mom and Dad. We got 0 good pictures, they all are pretty messed up. And, the last u/s tech we had was so nice and put everything on a CD for us and gave us some great pics. This lady, not so much..... I was really looking forward to this U/S, and it just didn't go how we were expecting it to.....

Oh well, as I told DH the most important thing was that Hayden looked good, even if he is a little fattie, and that is all I really care about...

Oh, by the way, if there was a problem that the us tech didn't see, when would I hear something you think from the doc?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
*Pamela*
I'm so happy that little Hayden is doing great and loving Ben and Jerry's. I love the cookie dough one.

Sorry about your tech, I had one like that for my first anatomy scan. The baby wasn't cooperating and you could see she was done. I had asked about the sex and she didn't even attempt it. I was told the baby was measuring on the small side like the 5 to 10 percentile. Had to go back the following week to check everything else that couldn't be seen first time. She only measured abdominal circum. and now was in the 95 percentile so it's all subjective to me. I'm going to ask for another scan later because that is a huge jump and has me worried that I'm going to have a huge baby. My first was 9lbs 14 ozs and I tore so bad, don't want that again.

If there was a problem, I'm sure they would let you know quickly but doesn't sound like Hayden has anything.

I have to say, one good thing about having a baby here is you carry your notes with you everywhere so every visit I go on or scan, there is a report that goes in my notebook and folder. Only thing is, I have to take it everywhere, but it makes it so easy to refer back to the visit or see your next apt.

If you have concerns, I would call your doc to put your mind at ease.

edited to add: Clicked on your chaos ticker, loved how it counts down and found one for Gabriella, thanks.
August 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on seeing your baby. Just wanted to answer about the weight and when you should hear back. My not so little one weighed in at 2lbs 11 ozs at 26 w 6d which meant that he was measuring that of a 28 w 2 d baby. I think if you google you can find a little weight chart. Also we were told that everything was fine with the baby at the ultrasound but then a week later I had a crazy nurse call and tell me my little one didn't have a nose or mouth. (NOT TRUE...he was not in a good position) I called the dr. in hysterics and she was like...he's fine...just won't give them a good shot of his face...But I would say you should hear something in a week or so. And if they said he is fine and didn't go grab the radiologist right there...everything will be fine.
August 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty sure that if she said everything looked great then everything is fine. Otherwise you would have heard from the dr. right away. When there was questions with my first u/s they didnt tell me anything at the u/s and then my dr. told me that there was no heartbeat yet, but there was the fetal pole. So anyways my point is the tech probably wouldn't have said anything and then let the dr. handle it. So I think Hayden is doing great! Oh and when I had my scan at 18w5d they said she weighed about 9oz. Then when I went in to hear the hb at 21w5d the dr. said well the baby is only about a 1lb now, so I dont' expect you to feel movement every day yet. So I think that is average. Also remember that the ultrasounds can be off by up to a lb towards the due date, so it could really be off by a few oz this early on.

August 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
Congrats on everything being great..so sorry your tech was not so great. My ob practice has two offices, one that is way further away from me but I have to choose that one because of the u/s tech is so bad and has no bed-side manners. Its so sad that with normal pregnancys you dont get many scans and when a tech wastes the big one for it..its just not cool. SO sorry.

Yah for chunky Hayden!

Nathan was 1.2 l.bs at 21 weeks...they say its just an estimate but still its good to know they are growing so well!!

August 15th, 2008, 05:48 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm glad it all went well. Sorry about the tech not being so friendly and not getting good pics though.

August 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks ladies, I think I have decided to go have a 3D ultrasound in like 2-3 weeks. That way, I can get my baby pic fix.....

Oh, I forgot to say that she couldn't see my cervix(Hayden is sitting breech right now), so she had to do a trans-vagi to see it, and did not leave the room either time (to get undressed or dressed). I was so embarrassed having to wipe myself in front of this old hag. Gheesh!

Angels in Heavan.
August 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad he looked so good and healthy!!! so cute!!!!

I am so sorry you didnt get good pics I would be so mad!!!!!

and OMG I cannot believe she didnt leave the room, that is DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!! I would call and complain about that one.
August 19th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Sabina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just going to ask for a Hayden update. I am so glad that he is a chunker. I was worried because Benjamin was too big but it turned out to be a good thing in the end Don't know what he weight at the point you are at now but he was over 4 pounds at 32 weeks.

I had the 3D u/s and LOVED it! I hope you go purely for selfish reasons (so I can see more Hayden) LOL!
August 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad Hayden is doing well, too bad about the u/s tech. I have had one that I didn't like, she too was nice just impersonal where the others are so friendly and jolly. I think it's a rule about dr/nurses etc leaving while you change though, that just doesn't seem right.
August 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Tell me about it!! I was like, uhhhhh well......I guess she doesn't plan on leaving.....

I am definitely going to get the 3D done in a couple weeks...yay!

Angels in Heavan.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search