I am having nightmares

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to yayjennie
I'm almost 9 weeks. I miscarried at 9 weeks in May, and at 11.5 weeks 4 years ago. I was nervous to start with in this pregnancy, but the further along I get, the more horrible it becomes. I cry almost every night when I am trying to fall asleep, because all I can think of is the terrible things that could go wrong with this pregnancy. I wake up about 3 times each night to pee, and sometimes can't get back to bed because I've had such bad dreams! During the day it's not too bad, but at night, it's AWFUL! I thought you were supposed to have nice dreams while pregnant. I can't deal with these nightmares! Has anyone else been in this position? Did the nightmares stop once you were further along? I'm hoping I stop worrying so much once I'm in the second tri, but some of my nightmares are about things that could go wrong later on. Where does my brain even get these horrible ideas? (these dreams are REALLY graphic and bad) I really dread going to bed each night, and I feel so bad for my DH, as he's worried enough as it is, and I think it makes it worse for him, as I knew I was going to m/c two days before we found out I had a blighted ovum last time. I think it must be even harder for him! What can I do?
August 19th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm almost 9 weeks. I miscarried at 9 weeks in May, and at 11.5 weeks 4 years ago. I was nervous to start with in this pregnancy, but the further along I get, the more horrible it becomes. I cry almost every night when I am trying to fall asleep, because all I can think of is the terrible things that could go wrong with this pregnancy. I wake up about 3 times each night to pee, and sometimes can't get back to bed because I've had such bad dreams! During the day it's not too bad, but at night, it's AWFUL! I thought you were supposed to have nice dreams while pregnant. I can't deal with these nightmares! Has anyone else been in this position? Did the nightmares stop once you were further along? I'm hoping I stop worrying so much once I'm in the second tri, but some of my nightmares are about things that could go wrong later on. Where does my brain even get these horrible ideas? (these dreams are REALLY graphic and bad) I really dread going to bed each night, and I feel so bad for my DH, as he's worried enough as it is, and I think it makes it worse for him, as I knew I was going to m/c two days before we found out I had a blighted ovum last time. I think it must be even harder for him! What can I do?[/b]

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time unfortunately I had alot of nightmares in my first trimester, I dont think Ihad any good dreams and I dont know how many times I went to bed at night positive that I would miscarry. Its so hard. You just gota take it one day/night at a time, and try your best to think of the future and think happy thoughts!!!! one thing that helped me fall asleep was praying, lol, it would just relax me and I would drift off to sleep and feel beter
August 19th, 2008, 03:02 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow sweetie, it sounds like you are having a really hard time. I know it is hard not to think about all the horrible things that can go wrong, but crying every night is probably a little out of the norm. I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but all that stress is not good for your baby. Maybe you should consider talking to someone about how to better handle all these nightmares you are having? I really hope it gets better for you, and please KUP on everything. Big HUGS!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
I had really bad nightmares too, which sucks because I normally don't remember my dreams because they were usually scary to begin with so I learned to block them out, but for some reason these would stay with me when I woke up. It was horrifying and really draining. I have to say talking about it and trying to keep busy have helped the most, although I still have my break downs once in a while. Posting here has actually helped a lot because I know I am not the only one feeling the way that I do, and that so many people have such wonderful successes and are here to help and support others in the same position they were / are in. Like Heather prayer has helped me a lot too. I don't know what I'd do without that. I hope that soon you will become more comfortable in your pregnancy and get some to relax a little bit. I will definately have you in my thoughts and prayers though. Before you know it you will have a beautiful little baby in your arms
August 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Oh wow sweetie, it sounds like you are having a really hard time. I know it is hard not to think about all the horrible things that can go wrong, but crying every night is probably a little out of the norm. I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but all that stress is not good for your baby. Maybe you should consider talking to someone about how to better handle all these nightmares you are having? I really hope it gets better for you, and please KUP on everything. Big HUGS![/b]
This is what I'm worried about! I know it can't be normal, and I do worry that the stress will actually cause me to miscarry, which makes it even worse. I do have a therapist, and see her weekly, and I can vent to my mom. I just don't want to vent to my DH, as having us both stressed would be even worse. But I appreciate having online forums so I know I'm not alone.

Thank you for the advice to pray before bed. I think I'll start that. I used to meditate before going to sleep, which always helped me sleep, so I'll try that again. Lately I've just been staying up until I'm EXHAUSTED, then passing out when I hit the pillow, but I know that's not healthy either.

Did anyone take medication for anxiety while they were pregnant? I was on anti-anxiety meds last year, but stopped when I started TTC. I'm not comfortable taking meds while pregnant, but I don't know how to weigh the pros and cons. What do you think?
August 19th, 2008, 10:02 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had alot of stress this pregnancy too with alot of anxiety (not all pg related). I used to have alot of horrible thoughts, but only had one nightmare though it was oddly calming (long story)

I'm sure things will get better, but mention it to your Dr and maybe they can either give you meds or help you in some other way. I intend to tell my Dr my next appt about how stressed/depressed I've been getting.
August 19th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I called my dr. and told him that I was suffering from anxiety and his prescription was an ultrasound whenever I needed one. He did one that day for me and talked me into waiting at least 4 weeks in between ultrasounds. You might call them and let them know what your going through. Seeing the little one on the scan is usually enough to get my mind to turn towards the positives again at least for a few weeks. Pregnancy after a loss is always going to be more difficult. You are not alone!

August 19th, 2008, 11:09 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh, I didn't mean that it could possibly cause a mc, I just meant that stress is not good/healthy for baby. I am glad you have a good support system, that's important. Also, this is one of the absolute best places to get it all out. We have all been through so much and are always here for you. I know how scary it is to be pg after a loss, I don't think the fear ever fully leaves.

One thing that helped me through this stage was having a doppler. The one I got was around $40 on EBay, and is called Angelsounds. I was able to find baby's hb right around 10 weeks, and used it constantly for several weeks when I started to feel panicky. Just a thought.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 20th, 2008, 07:01 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I used to be very afraid to go to sleep at night because I would have dreams of bleeding and losing the baby every night, and when I wasnt dreaming that I was dreaming some other bloody thing which was just not good...Its not you. It is normal, its hormones and fears and its no fun, but once you start to feel more secure in this pregnancy they will taper off, I have crazy dreams now, but not bloody ones. You are prolly like me and spend alot of your day trying to convince yourself that everything is ok..well those natural fears have to come out at some time, and when better than at night when you cant avert your train of thought? Manys HUGS, just remember it gets better!
August 20th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Veteran
Quote:
I called my dr. and told him that I was suffering from anxiety and his prescription was an ultrasound whenever I needed one. He did one that day for me and talked me into waiting at least 4 weeks in between ultrasounds. You might call them and let them know what your going through. Seeing the little one on the scan is usually enough to get my mind to turn towards the positives again at least for a few weeks. Pregnancy after a loss is always going to be more difficult. You are not alone![/b]
I might do this, because after our first u/s I felt a lot better. It's just worn off. I think if I could get one every month I might calm down. Thank you all for the replies!
August 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had nightmares until I way passed the week when I m/c. I don't get them anymore, but I also don't get the nice dreams either. Just try to take it one day at the time, enjoy each day, my nightmares stoped after I started to just it one day at the time, focusing on each day as it came. Hope it stops soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search