GD Diet

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
So I passed the 1 hour test although it was slightly elevated, they gave me the three hour test which I passed as well, this was almost two weeks ago. This morning they started me on the diabetic diet "just in case". Im a larger woman so I suposed the peri just assumes I need this diet . I am on freaking bedrest, like its not hard enough to manage meals and snacks, when my husband is gone at night and sleeping during the day, they are putting me some diet "just in case"

I know I sound like a selfish brat by letting this bother me, but dang I passed the tests. Im just so overwhelmed by the changes and being here in the hospital.

thanks for listening.
August 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can certainly see why that would be so frustrating. If you passed the tests I wouldn't have expected them to tell you to do the diet. Maybe tell you to just watch your normal diet in case.
August 19th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it seems like a real pain in the ***** but really it is for the best. Honestly just slightly elevated numbers can increase the size of the baby by a great deal. Also it is better to deal with this diet crap now than to have to take insulin shots later. I have taken shots since I was 12. I would hate to have to start taking them during pregnancy. So they are trying to do what is best for you and baby. Not that it makes it any easier for you being on bedrest though, sorry you have to go through this. Think of the prize at the end of this pregnancy though!!

August 19th, 2008, 11:26 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH! I am sorry to hear that! As much as it sucks though, I guess it probably is for the best. I just wish you didn't have everything else to worry about! HUGS lady!!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 20th, 2008, 08:02 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry you have one more thing to worry about. On the plus side, you get to go home tomorrow!! Woohoo!

August 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I completely understand your frustration! I had to do it when I was pg w/ ds years ago, and I passed the tests too. I was gaining weight uncontrollably though, so I didn't complain too much; except for the annoyance factor.

I was just going to come check on you too; is today your going home day?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search