Rhonda (Mrs.Poe)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2008, 11:12 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What has your doctor said about going into labor?

My doctor gave me these two options:

1. Be induced
2. Wait till I go on my own, then stop my labor, so I can come off the blood thinners

I chose #1, but am curious if there are other options or what you are choosing to do?

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 20th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be induced however I am hoping to go into labor on my own somewhere between 37-38 weeks. Its so hard to predict what is going to happen, but if things were to work out perfectly then I would start going into labor before I take my shot of lovenox for the day I go in to the hospital and it will take several hours before I am in active labor. So then I won't need labor to be stopped and won't need to be induced. That is in an ideal world though. Also, now don't hold me to this, but vaginal labor isn't an issue with lovenox its only "if" they need to do a c-section. So I think our stories could all go differently, just depends on what the little one decides. lol

I know that they don't like to induce us more than 10 days early at my dr. office. I imagine they will have a "plan" set up for you and see what your baby decides is best later. You know we are due only days apart, I can't wait to hear all the birth stories!

August 20th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'll be the odd-ball of the group. I'm a scheduled c-section, due to being high risk and having a previous emergency c-section. Sooooo, my understanding is I'll be switched to Heparin in that last month or so, and then not take it the day of surgery I would assume. I will have to restart it again after surgery, but I'm not sure how long after surgery. That's just my "general" understanding right now, I don't have specifics yet.

August 20th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'll be the odd-ball of the group. I'm a scheduled c-section, due to being high risk and having a previous emergency c-section. Sooooo, my understanding is I'll be switched to Heparin in that last month or so, and then not take it the day of surgery I would assume. I will have to restart it again after surgery, but I'm not sure how long after surgery. That's just my "general" understanding right now, I don't have specifics yet.[/b]
Well your not the oddball. Seriously if this baby gets too big (with the diabetes) then they will make me go c-section too. I know so many things can change over the next 4 months. I also know that if she doesn't come on her own they will have to induce me by 38 weeks for fear of too big of a baby and matured placenta from diabetes.

I will also be taking the shots again the day after birth for 6 weeks is what I was told. Apparently the placenta releases something into your body that makes you clot faster. I imagine it would be good to keep us from bleeding out, but not in our case huh? I am sure you will get all the details after the baby is here. That is the most important part!

August 20th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Yep, I hear ya about the diabetes and big baby worries. My very best friend is also insulin dependent, and she saw the same doctor I'm seeing. He let her go as early as her babies were ready, they checked lung function every week for her in that last few weeks. I don't anticipate on him letting me go that early though.

Honestly I don't care what I have to do, as long as I get to bring home baby at the end of it, I'd do anything. I know we all would.

August 20th, 2008, 11:56 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Honestly I don't care what I have to do, as long as I get to bring home baby at the end of it, I'd do anything. I know we all would. [/b]
Totally!! If problems arose, at that point, I honestly would not care and would be the first to tell them to cut me open or do whatever they need to do to get that little cutie outta there SAFE and SOUND!!!

Thanks ladies for all your thoughts. I just feel like my doc is soo busy that he does not have a lot of time to spend with you personally. He may even think that I am too early to be thinking about this kind of stuff just yet. I don't know, I just feel a little confused and I don't like that feeling.....

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't matter how far along we are, we still deserve to have answers!! I know that it gets a little tricky though because one thing can change the plan entirely and maybe he doesn't want you to get upset if things don't go as planned? He should still find a polite way of telling you that. My dr. said a lot of things could change, but the plan for now is.... and I am comfortable enough with that. Hey thats what your dr. gets paid for, is to listen and make mommy happy because if mommy isn't happy nobody is right?

Its good to have an idea though, so can't blame you at all for wanting to know. I have asked the same questions. I don't like surprises!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search