Trip to L&D tonight

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So all day I was cramping on and off. I called the dr. and they told me to drink two tall glasses of water and lay down and if it goes away then it was just dehydration. Well I didn't think that was the case so I did what they told me and waited a few hours. Still I was cramping. It didn't feel like contractions or anything but I thought maybe a kidney infection or uti or something like that. So I debated on going to the hospital because it always takes so long to be seen. Anyways I just couldn't live with myself if something went wrong and I didn't go in. So we went. I got there and got sent up to L&D right away they hooked the baby up to the fetal monitor and the one to check for contractions. She was doing good, started getting active once we were hooked up to the monitor (figures..huh?) and although I was having very minor contractions it wasn't anything to worry about. They checked my cervix and it was still closed so they left me hooked up for another hour and sent me home on pelvic rest for now. My urine was clean so they said it wasn't kidney stones or infections. I felt better just getting to hear her moving around and feel her too. They told me that it was most likely just round ligament pain. Now that I know that I can sleep tonight! My next appt. with the dr. is next thursday and they will be doing another u/s then too just for my peace of mind since we lost abby somewhere around 26-27 weeks. I will be 24 weeks then.

It was pretty hard going into the labor unit though. Last time I was there was when I left holding only a teddy bear. I was so scared the same thing was going to happen. At least now I am feeling a little better. Hannah and I are both doing fine!

August 19th, 2008, 11:21 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, glad to hear all was okay hun!! That must have been pretty dang scary. RLP is so weird, I swear mine feels like an on again/off again stomachache.

So happy you got to see Hannah too, and will get to see her again next week, that is great!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 20th, 2008, 06:45 AM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
RLP can be so frustrating, it can seem like so many other things when its just RLP, I have aches along the bottom of my tummy and they say its the ligament pain. Im really glad that everything is okay. And Rhonda is about 20 weeks you are going have a much much better exit at l&d and I cant wait to see the pictures!
August 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
On no, how scary! I'm so glad you and Hannah are both doing okay.

August 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rhonda im so glad it was nothing serious!!!! Hannah, you need to stay baking for a bit longer hunny!!!

I just wanted to add, technically yes, last time you only left physically with a Teddy bear, but spiritually you left with your daughter.

August 20th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad things were OK, Rhonda!!!!! I'm sure you were terrified!

Now, Hannah, don't scare your mama like that!!!!!

August 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Veteran
Rhonda! I'm so glad that things are ok, how scary I bet that was. Your pregnancy seems to be going by so quickly though! To me anyways haha. It seems as if you were just announcing that beautiful bfp yesterday. I'm so excited for December when we all get to meet her!!!
August 20th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im glad everything turned out okay, that must have been scary! ((HUGS))

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!
August 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Gosh, I'm so glad you girls are doing ok. That must have been so scary, I'm so glad that everything turned out ok.

August 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Rhonda! I'm so glad that things are ok, how scary I bet that was. Your pregnancy seems to be going by so quickly though! To me anyways haha. It seems as if you were just announcing that beautiful bfp yesterday. I'm so excited for December when we all get to meet her!!![/b]

I am so happy to see you around I was starting to get worried about you. It has gone by fast for me too, now it seems to be going slower though. And yours has just flew by. I can't believe October will be here in no time!

Thanks girls. I feel much better now. Its better to be safe than sorry. Thats my motto.

August 20th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I am so happy to see you around I was starting to get worried about you. It has gone by fast for me too, now it seems to be going slower though. And yours has just flew by. I can't believe October will be here in no time!

Thanks girls. I feel much better now. Its better to be safe than sorry. Thats my motto.[/b]

I'm so glad to know mine is going by fast for someone because it isn't going by fast enough for me haha. I'm so greatful to be pregnant and to have made it this far, but I'm so uncomfortable these days and still have at least 6 weeks! Dr. Says its because she is already head down so I guess that's good!

I'm on here almost everyday checking on you though! I just don't always sign on because I always look from my phone. (it hurts to sit in the computer chair lately )
August 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad that every thing is allright and you are feeling more comfortable!
August 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I am so glad you & Hannah are doing well !!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search