Pediatrician visit yesterday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 08:20 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
our Katie weighs 12lbs 5 oz, she is 23 1/4 inches long....and is doing great ...except for the darn colic episodes at night.
We start her vaccines in October....we could have started yesterday, but after weighing the pro's and cons, we are waiting until she is 4 months old.

the dr. also gave us Nutrimigen formula...supposed to help colic....and its $30 a can
Katie HATES it !!! so I am sticking with her stuff and will continue the colic drops & tablets.....

thats our update !

August 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm glad she is right on schedule...except the colic. We tried the Nutrimigen formula with Haley. She HATED it too. Plus it made her poo all oily and runny (sorry tmi) Have you tried the Nestle Good Start? That's what we used on her. She was on soy based one.

August 21st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Quote:
I'm glad she is right on schedule...except the colic. We tried the Nutrimigen formula with Haley. She HATED it too. Plus it made her poo all oily and runny (sorry tmi) Have you tried the Nestle Good Start? That's what we used on her. She was on soy based one.[/b]
right now we are using the Parents Choice Gentle or Enfamil Gentle Ease (same stuff)....and she is great....we just thought the Nutrimigen would help the colic......I'll take her 20 minutes of crying rather than see her not eating!

and I do have Nestle's Good Start in my pantry ! I have a formula stock pile ! LOL

August 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad she is doing so well, but sorry about the colic That is definitely a hard thing to deal with! Ethan had it from 2 wks to 4 months, cried 3-4 hrs every single night, I am so sorry you are going through that
August 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good appointment, and Miss Katie doing so well!!!!!! Sorry about the colic though! I know nothing about it, so I don't have any ideas for you. I hope she out-grows it soon!

August 21st, 2008, 10:34 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe she is getting so big!!! You are doing a great job Dee. I too am sorry about the colic. Hopefully it resolves itself soon. It can be so hard I remember Sophie used to get it and it would break my heart because there was nothing I could really do.
August 21st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once again, I have to appologize for my clueless, but what's this colic thing?

August 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is great she is doing so well!! I really hope the colic goes away soon, but most importantly, she is healthy!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to airfobrat Send a message via MSN to airfobrat Send a message via Yahoo to airfobrat
I have Gentlease too because I can't always bf him right now because of how bad my nipples are (one crack goes 1/4 through my nipple...OOOOWWWWW) So I give up maybe 3 bottles a day and bf the rest of the time. He likes it, but he spits up A LOT, so we have to feed him slowly. Do ya'll know what is causing his colic? isn't colic sometimes caused by severe gas? i am just wondering.

you are doing awesome though

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for the awesome siggy!!

August 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
Quote:
I have Gentlease too because I can't always bf him right now because of how bad my nipples are (one crack goes 1/4 through my nipple...OOOOWWWWW) So I give up maybe 3 bottles a day and bf the rest of the time. He likes it, but he spits up A LOT, so we have to feed him slowly. Do ya'll know what is causing his colic? isn't colic sometimes caused by severe gas? i am just wondering.

you are doing awesome though [/b]

Colic just shows up at times with no reason.......and it is heartbreaking !!!
Katie had an 1 1/2 hour crying episode last night..poor little thing.....2 hours later she was laughing and cooing at us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search