antacids?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you all know that antacids shouldn't be taken in high doses because it can "alter your blood chemistry", according to the pharmacist.

I recently have been getting heartburn and last night it was horrible. It was so bad I thought I was going to throw up. Anyways I went to the drug store to pick up my meds and also was going to buy some tums just incase I have that again. I remember reading somewhere about not taking antacids with Lovenox so I ended up asking the pharmacist and that is why he told me what he did. Basically use as needed, but try not to use too many was his advice. That is really going to make things hard...come on we are pregnant we are bound to have heartburn right?

There are studies for using them and some against. I think just like everything else I will use them in moderation. I have done so good up until now of not taking anything. I don't even take tylenol, but once in a while a tums is my best friend!

August 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never had heartburn, I know that when you are pg you get all the time, but so far I haven't had it. YOu are doing good about not taking anything. I have to take two tylenol at least once every other day, I get pretty bad headaches, but I don't take anything else.

August 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I take tylenol on a daily bases and now tums because my heartburn is back but I ran it by my doctor first and she said it was fine as long as you follow the directions on how often you can take them like how many hours ect.
August 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had heartburn for months now. I used to only get it late at night, but now it has slowly but surely creeped in earlier and earlier in the day to where I get it around 4-5pm now everyday for the rest of the evening. I have a prescription that I have not filled yet and won't until it gets really bad, plus I have Tums for emergencies. However, I find that milk does a great job of keeping it at bay for at least a couple hours, so I drink that every night before bed when it starts getting a little more intense.

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the tips. I always try to find a natural way to treat things first, but if that doesn't work then we must bring out the big TUMS!!

I freak out about taking anything, but I have had to take 2 antibiotics already since I found out I was pregnant. I really didn't want to take them, but the benefits outweighed the cons. I know sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and do what is actually best, but I "try" to avoid anything that isn't "natural". I don't think I was quite this bad with my pregnancy with Abby. I kind of wish I could be in that mindset again, it would be a lot more peaceful. I am sure I am not the only one. Thats why I thought I would talk to you girls about this instead.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search