Doctor update from yesturday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Well I had a reg. doctor's appointment yesturday. Blood pressure was good 120/80. I've gained another 4 pounds in two weeks putting my total at 10 pounds. Heartbeat was good at 138. I asked her about that because two weeks ago it was 150 and she said they may have gotten her at a quiet moment. I am measuring where I should be. I asked about the weight from the last ultra sound because to me 1 pound 13 ounces at 27 1/2 weeks seems smalled and she said it was at the low end of normal and it just means I will have a small baby but they werent worryed about it. Then I told her about how my right foot swells up but the left one doesnt and she said to watch it and if there is any warmth or redness to call right away, that it could mean I have a blood clot in that leg so they would have to do a certain kind of ultra sound on it to look for it. Great. And to top off all that I caught a cold from my cousin over the weekend so now I'm more worn down and having a harder time breathing but of course it waits to start getting worst after the doctor's appointment so I didnt get to ask what all I could take besides Halls and Vicks Vaper rub. Its either a chest cold or broncitise (sp) coming on because I've had that before. So all in all my day yesturday kind of sucked. So thats the update on yesturday. I hope everyone else is having a better day.
August 26th, 2008, 06:06 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
aww Angie,

I am sorry you are sick !
and yes it sounds like "some" things were not so great...BUT.....look at all of the positive things hon !

your bp is AWESOME.....your weight gain is too....and that little heart is just beating away....
I know at the time we cant always see the good things, but they are there !!!
I hope you feel better soon sweetie !!

August 26th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww Angie, I'm sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, but I'm with Dee look at the positive side, everything is looking good. I'm sorry about your cold, I been suffereing allergies from the very begining and I'm too scare to take anything meds, so I haven't been able to breath, smell anything in quite a while.
I hope that problem with your right foot swelling goes away and that it does end up not being anything serious.

August 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you aren't feeling well Angie. Hey as for medicines, my doc said any of the tylenol cold medicines are alright as is claritin. But you may want to call and double check.
August 26th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You scared me for a minute with your title! Don't make a lady worry like that!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, and had a bad day yesterday, Angie!! The vascular ultrasound that they do to look for a clot is painless (had one not too long ago, due to pain in my leg similar to that of my previous clot). It's just like a normal ultrasound, they just run it up and down the veins and arteries of your legs to your groin. I hope a clot is not the cause of your swelling though!!!

As for your cold, I hope it doesn't turn into Bronchitis, that would not be any fun at all!! I think you can take a few of the Tylenol Cold relievers; just ask your pharmacist, they should be able to tell you what is safe to take.

I agree with Dee too, woman! Look at the positives also. It will help balance the negatives, and I hope make you feel a little better!! I hope you get to feeling better quickly!!!!!

August 26th, 2008, 08:54 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Angie. I hope all you recover quickly from the cold and that the swelling turns out to be nothing.

August 26th, 2008, 09:46 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I agree with the other ladies. Look at the positives...your bp is great and that baby is all cozy and comfy doing good in there. I hope the cold goes away soon and the swelling isn't a blood clot. KUP

August 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible honey. It's so hard to be sick when you're pregnant.

As to the swelling, it sounds like what I had when I was pregnant with Cora. It was my left leg though. Funny thing, a clot wasn't even ever mentioned. Turns out that Cora was just sitting on the veins in that leg and restricting blood flow. It started going away pretty much the moment she was born.

Hoping you feel better soon!

August 26th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad the baby is doing so great

Sucks about the cold, I just got over one, it was terrible, I hope it passes fast.

and I am surprised they didnt do the u/s then for a blood clot, I hope its not that at all!!
August 26th, 2008, 03:50 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i got real sick when i was pregnant too. it was awful, i stayed home from work four days and i never miss. my ob prescribed me some type of tussin (YUCK!).
sorry you aren't feeling well - i hope you get better real soon.

hope the swelling is nothing. my sister had swelling on one side too and there wasn't anything wrong.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search