DH is on his way home!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Okay, so DH told his supervisor that he would want to return his stuff, check out, and start home on Sept. 1. Well, it turns out that the well he was working on closed and they had no place to put him until around when he wanted to leave. So...he's on his way home now. Well, he's stopped in Denver. He's going to stay there tomorrow and spend time with his friend Dave and see if he can look at some apartments, just in case we DO end up going to Denver. And then he'll drive from Denver home on Thursday.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I'm sort of sad that he's missing out his last week again, which equals out to about $1000. But I'm so happy he's coming home!!

August 26th, 2008, 08:34 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i couldn't imagine being away from justin.
i bet you are so excited!
August 26th, 2008, 08:42 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad he will be home soon! What does he do Brittanie and how long is he usually gone for?
August 27th, 2008, 06:41 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad he's coming home Brittanie!! how long of a stretch is he usually gone for?

my DH works from home 3 days/week and our desks are right next to each other, we're only apart 2 days/week, you'd think we'd get sick of each other but we both are actually really looking forward to the day he can work from home full time, if that ever happens!
August 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm so glad he's coming home early. That's great! I bet Erin will be so happy too.

August 27th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great news hunny!!!!! Bout stinking time!!!

August 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
I am glad he will be home soon! What does he do Brittanie and how long is he usually gone for?[/b]
It was just an internship, so no more leaving after this! YAY! He was working for a company that contracted out to oil companies to do exploratory drilling. Most of the time it's for natural gas. Basically what he would do was take hourly samples of what was coming up from the drill and analyze what it was (shale, limestone, etc), and then pass it on to the real geologist so he could tell where in the rock strata they were and if they needed to change the position of the drill. He was working 12-hour shifts (12 on, 12 off) every day. He was also in Oklahoma.

He was gone for 7 weeks at the beginning of the summer and has been gone this time since July 21. In the middle for 6 weeks he was doing his capstone geology course, camping and mapping all week and only home on the weekends (which was apparently enough time to get me pregnant =)

So anyway, he's back for good. He has one semester left, which starts Sept. 10, and then he graduates mid December. Hopefully he'll get a job that will let him come home every night!

August 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Congratulations on your DH coming home!!! That's very exciting
August 27th, 2008, 01:50 PM
*Judy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I am glad he will be home soon! What does he do Brittanie and how long is he usually gone for?[/b]
It was just an internship, so no more leaving after this! YAY! He was working for a company that contracted out to oil companies to do exploratory drilling. Most of the time it's for natural gas. Basically what he would do was take hourly samples of what was coming up from the drill and analyze what it was (shale, limestone, etc), and then pass it on to the real geologist so he could tell where in the rock strata they were and if they needed to change the position of the drill. He was working 12-hour shifts (12 on, 12 off) every day. He was also in Oklahoma.

He was gone for 7 weeks at the beginning of the summer and has been gone this time since July 21. In the middle for 6 weeks he was doing his capstone geology course, camping and mapping all week and only home on the weekends (which was apparently enough time to get me pregnant =)

So anyway, he's back for good. He has one semester left, which starts Sept. 10, and then he graduates mid December. Hopefully he'll get a job that will let him come home every night!
[/b]
I hope sooooo too!!!! It's nice to have them home every night especially now that you will have 2 little ones!
August 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting Brittany!!!!! Bet you and Erin can't wait to see him!!

I say MOVE TO DENVER!!!!! You'll only be 7 hours away from me, and we have family up there, so we go all the time. Plus we're talking about moving up there too. It would be so nice to have a friend there!!

August 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I am so glad he is coming home for good now!! I don't know how some of you go without your dh for so long, I get stressed after one of my dh's long 16 hour days, couldn't imagine a week to more at a time! I hear denver is beautiful, sounds like a great place to raise kids!

August 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! How exciting that he'll be home soon!

August 27th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How exciting!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search