Nightmare

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why after so long? I woke up this morning to the worse nightmare....I was in the bathroom and I was bleeding, I was going to go and tell my husband and then I was again in the bathroom bleeding and this time there were clots, all I could say was "this can't be happening again, this can't be happening again.." Now, I'm scare and I cried all the way from home to work. I know that it's my subconscious mind but I'm terrific now that something will go wrong. I'm going to the dr today so I hope that hearing that little h/b will make me feel better.

Thanks for listening.

August 29th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry It is definitely your subconcious just releasing its fears!!! This baby will be okay, I am so glad you have an appt today, that will dfinitely make you feel better!!
August 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry you had that nightmare. I 'm glad you have an appt today. Hearing the hb will def put your mind at ease. Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

August 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I will, It's not until 1:45 my time, as soon as I get home I will update. Gosh, I'm so scare.

August 29th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your appointment went perfect Pat!!!!!! And your fears were eased!!!

August 29th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
Patty, those nightmares are only normal during pregnancy..it sucks big time! i would have them so often with Makenna, but i knew that she was sticking around for a reason. and now im holding her in my arms. Keep believing! I hope everything will go well at the dr's..i know it will

August 29th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Well, here is the update. The visit itself was bad, but we got to hear the h/b and the dr. said that everything was going well. Now for the rest of the visit, DH came with me which I like, because I think it includes him in this pg but he talks when he does not suppose to and tells the dr symptoms that I should be telling her about since I'm the one feeling them not him! So, the dr was checking my lab results and said that I did not have a UTI, which is good news. Well I was starting to tell her about the pain and discomfort that I was feeling when DH started telling her about my back pain. Then I was trying to get back to what the other problem was and I said, this is the other problem that I'm having...well she ended telling me that she did not know what else to say to me, that I was not happy with her answer which is not true, her answer was about DH question, not what I was trying to tell her.....Anyway, the ride home was even worse. We talked about if wanted to stay with her or not, then he started telling me how I wanted someone to hold my hand the whole way, and how very dr is just going to check that everything ok and dismiss me in 5min and I should just get over it and make a decision of staying with her or not. I don't someone to hold my hand but I do want someone that shows that she cares, that she understand what I went through with the m/c, is that too much to ask? Do those dr actually exist? I'm so mad at DH I could just punch him, he firstable should be the first one to be understading and more caring about what makes me feel confortable and not. Am I asking too much of him? I feel like he does not not care how it gets done as long as it gets done, KWIM? As long as everything is as schedule and everything is ok with me, that's all he cares about, he doesn't care about the care that the dr should be giving me. I been crying all the way home.....

I'm sorry this turned out to be longer than what I thought it would be.

August 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
How frustrating! There's nothing worse than having a bad appointment and equally bad "aftermath." Hopefully your hubby will get it soon, but I think since he's only receiving information and results and not necessarily any care he might not be as fully tuned in to what the quality of your care should be like. It's hard when we're trying to include the guys in the pregnancy as much as is possible and the fact that this is at least a little bit about us seems to slip too far away!
At least your nightmare fears were calmed a bit.

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

August 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Patty, YES there are doctors out there with GOOD bedside manners hun!! I had to go through several OB's before I found one that I trusted knew what he was talking about, but just as important, was a great human being! I really prefer women OB's, but screw it, I find that men are actually more sympathetic sometimes. Anyhow, don't stop looking until you find an OB that you really feel comfortable with, they are out there, and they can make the pregnancy so much less stressful! As for your DH, I am sorry, it sounds like he is being a typical male; and not being very sensitive to your needs and wants in a doctor. He may be okay with mediocre care, but you don't have to be!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I am glad that the baby is doing fine. I'm sorry your appt turned out so bad. You should have your say and the Dr. should listen to you over your husband.
August 30th, 2008, 09:45 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) about the nightmare. I know that is so scary.

And about your appointment, you DO deserve to have an understanding doctor. My OB is very empathetic, having had 2 miscarriages herself. My RE is MUCH more clinical, and I can't wait to be released from her back over to my OB's care.

And so what if you do need a little hand holding? I think that's perfectly normal and an OB's job should not only be to care for the baby and physical things but also to make sure the mom is okay and to answer any questions she has in a kind manner.

August 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Girls
I talked to a friend (also a first time mom) of mine today and she told me that I need to change Doctors, so that's my side project for the next couple of weeks, to find a new Doctor I guess. Thank you all for your support on this. I don't know what I would without you girls.

September 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I'm sorry you were disappointed in your dr at the appt. I hope you find a dr you will love. I think that's very important/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search