Worried about my u/s

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2008, 09:04 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going in for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks, 5 days. Well for some reason, I went back and looked and that is when I went for the first u/s with Thomas...the one where we didn't see anything a baby or heartbeat. We went back and saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks, 5 days.

The timing is just so similar. Plus it is right before my niece's birthday party AGAIN. It's just freaking me out how all the timing is lining up almost exactly the same and it makes me feel like the same thing will happen again.

I KNOW logically that when we go in has nothing to do with whether the baby will be viable and that most likely everything will be fine this time. The reason we didn't see his heartbeat on Thomas' first u/s is probably because there was something wrong all along. My RE also insists that we should see a heartbeat by 6 weeks, so I think 6 weeks, 5 days is giving it some good leeway.

I don't really want to re-schedule my appointment any later for various reasons. I'm trying really hard to be "mind over matter" about this and tell myself that it being on the same gestational date doesn't mean anything. It isn't some sign. But it's hard when those thoughts pop in my head.

I've been doing okay, and just praying every time I get fearful, that God would take away my fear and that He would take care of me and the baby. And that has helped tremendously. But this is still hard.

Any reassurances out there? I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this fear and these feelings.

August 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh honey, it is really hard to be at those same points. I've been there and done that. It's just...scary. Unfortunately you'd probably be scared even if the timing wasn't so much the same. That's just the way of things. I'm sincerely hoping and praying for you that everything is absolutely perfect this time.

And I'm going to tell you a secret: Ultrasounds always make me nervous. I think once you've had a bad one, they're just hard to get excited for.

August 29th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that even if it was all different timing, you would still feel the same. That first u/s is the hardest I think, I was so sick that morning and th enight before, I cried and cried, I was so scare.
Take it one day at the time, and always think positive, we are here for you.

August 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I agree with Brittanie and Pat. I think that after a loss, every u/s you go to is scary. I freak out everytime I go to the dr thinking that something won't be right. I'm sure all will be fine with your bean. We're all here to listen.

August 29th, 2008, 11:08 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other girls.. and just think how reasurring it will be to see and hear a heartbeat at this first apt when you didnt at this same time last time around...

I know when i went in for my ultra sound on the same day that i had lost my last baby i was very very nervouse but to see the heart beat and that my baby was growing perfectly helped me start really getting excited about being pregnant again...

~Em

August 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

what the other girls have said! One day at a time, even one hour, and etc. My best advice for myself, was to find something to keep me busy so I wouldn't dwell and panic myself. Maybe something like that would be helpful? We're here when you need us, Shannon!!

August 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
after any loss you mind will go into over time. and just keep reminding you of the loss. i really hope n pray nothing happens to your bean..I know nothing is going to happen keep you faith, and if it wasnt you time to have a baby God wouldnt of blessed your womb with a baby.

Shannon, the July month is the hardest for me. for many reasons...

July 20th was William's due date
July 30th we lost our daughter Lexi

then Makenna was born July 14th and i know God wanted some happiness in that month otherwise i wouldnt have her.

Believe...

August 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
NeeshBoogie's Avatar Super Mommy
I totally agree with everything that has already been said in here.

I currently have a love/hate relationship with ultrasounds because in the past they've brought me so much bad news. The day I went and saw my baby's heartbeat, even though I'd had no spotting, bleeding, cramping or pain of any sort before hand, all I could think about was the numerous times I have heard "I'm trying to find SOMETHING but I don't see ANYTHING in here..." in similar situations. The joy that comes from seeing progress, though, lets me know I've been through what I have for a reason and I am where I am for a reason and I can't find it in myself to be anything but grateful and happy at that moment.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Mod-MommaTrish for my gorgeous siggy!!!

August 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I didn't read through everyone's responses, but I wanted to share something with you. I had an u/s scheduled on the day that Alex went to Heavan. I looked at it as I was going to turn this particular day into a happy day, rather than keep it a sad one. Obviously, it went well, and I felt so good afterwards because I had also gotten past the point of our loss. I totally understand how you feel, and I know how scary it is right now, but these feelings of constant fear will subside (sorry to tell you that they never go away) and you will feel much better I think after the u/s. Big hugs and heartbeat dust coming your way!

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 30th, 2008, 09:51 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls.

I am going to try to look at it as now September has a chance to redeem itself. Maybe God is going to give me some happy memories now to balance out those sad ones.

I forgot to tell you I saw my acupuncturist on Wednesday and I asked if she could tell how the pregnancy was going by my pulse (they always check my pulse) and she said it sounded good. So that's another positive. I will keep going once a week until I'm out of the first trimester.

1 week and 5 days until my ultrasound now.

And for your amusement, the message I got from my piece of chocolate yesterday:

August 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MinDB
i kind of know how you feel. i didn't have ultrasounds at the same times, BUT, i started bleeding at the same exact time!! i was scared to death! but, she came out healthy a week ago today. i know it's REALLY HARD--but chocolate has NEVER steered me wrong!!!
thoughts and prayers are with you!
August 31st, 2008, 08:11 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Thanks girls.

I am going to try to look at it as now September has a chance to redeem itself. Maybe God is going to give me some happy memories now to balance out those sad ones.

I forgot to tell you I saw my acupuncturist on Wednesday and I asked if she could tell how the pregnancy was going by my pulse (they always check my pulse) and she said it sounded good. So that's another positive. I will keep going once a week until I'm out of the first trimester.

1 week and 5 days until my ultrasound now.

And for your amusement, the message I got from my piece of chocolate yesterday:

[/b]
LOL about the chocolate!! I can't tell you how many very right-on messages I've gotten from those!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search