Baby shower rant

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
It starts already. I just got a call from my MIL who is hosting my baby shower thats next weekend and she said that two different people called her today to ask why I picked out the stroller/carseat that I did. They said doesnt she know its heavy, wont fit in my car or in a shopping cart ect.... They said theres other cute ones that are cheaper and they wanted to know the reason why we picked the one we picked. I explained to her we picked it because we liked it, it holds up to a 50 pound child, it does fit in a cart because we tryed it and it is so easy to fold up. She said she was going to call them back and tell them that. I dont understand why they are questioning me on it. I called DH after I got off the phone with her because I was so upset that I have to deal with this and he said that so what if it doesnt fit then we take it back and pick a different one. We wont know till we try it. Plus my car gets turned in next March for a new one because the lease is up so that wont be an issue. I told him that if they dont like the one we picked then they dont have to buy it. And I do understand its kind of pricey but I read the reviews on it and I would rather pick one thats a little more $ then a cheap one thats going to break in a month or two and then have to spend extra money on another one. Then I get a call from my sister and mom the other day telling me that they got me the bedding set and the bath tub. They didnt get it where I registred so they wanted to let me know what it was so I could go take it off the list. I understand why my mom got the bedding set at Target rather then babies r us because she could get free shipping on it and it was the same price but I dont understand why they got the tub from target. I am more upset that I now know what they are getting me instead of it being a surprise. I just dont understand the reason for even setting up a registry when people wont even use it. I'm really sorry that this is long and I'm rambling now but its so frustrating and the shower is still a week away. What more is going to happen from now till then?????

August 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man those people who were asking about the stroller sound just like my husband's side of the family! They think they are being helpful but they don't realize how annoying it is to have every thing you decide be second guessed!
Sorry the cat is out of the bag about what your mom is getting you.

I hope your shower goes great though!

August 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
victorialv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ah, I'm sorry. Some people just don't think before they speak. I agree, if they don't like the carseat you wanted, then just get something else for gosh sakes! Also, sorry to hear that your Mom kinda spoiled the surprise, but maybe she doesn't understand that she can logon or contact Babies R Us and update your registry herself. I would let her know that you want to be surprised and give her your password so she can update your registry for future situations. Just a thought.....

Angels in Heavan.
Helena May, June 28, 2007 & Alexander Michael, October 11, 2007
August 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why did those people feel it was their business to ask why you chose the carseat/stroller that you did? How rude! If they wanted to give their input, then they should have done it before you registered, and then just given you some advice. Obviously, you picked it for a reason. Your reasons for picking a travel system may be different from theirs, but they are still your reasons. Your MIL also didn't need to tell you about it. Nothing but making you upset came from that. Ugh, people are gross.

I'm sorry that your mom and sister ruined your surprise. They probably could have just not let you know and take their chances that they items wouldn't be bought off the registry. If you got a double, you could always return it. I hope there is no more drama before your shower!

August 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
angelmomjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angelmomjen
I can feel your pain. Seriously. Why do people think they can make decisons for you? Or get you what they want and ignore what it is that you really want?

I dont mean to highjack your post, but the ladies at my job had planned to throw me a shower, and the main chatterbox there asked me what my nursey theme was and I printed out the Noahs Ark bedding set and showed it to her, because I only wanted the tan and green one...every other one that I found was blue but the one I registered for wasen't. So the ladies call my mom and send her a pic of the crib set they bought me, its a used one from ebay thats is solid blue. And the chatterbox tells my mom they got that one because its all they could afford so "it will have to do". I did not ask them to buy me the crib set so why would they not just buy something they could afford. Well, my mom bought me the one that I wanted already before that, and we just did not tell them. So tommrow is the shower and I am gonna get this crib set, and hate it, and feel so rude. I did not ask them to buy me anything so why shove something down my throat just because they think it Will do?

Same goes for you, why ask why? Its what you choose, like it or dont buy it..whatever.
August 31st, 2008, 08:37 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
UGH... I am sorry you are going through this. How rude of them

We are buying the stuff we really want and registering for the extras. We are doing the nursery ourselves. I think it's too important to me to let anyone else get in the way. LOL

I just hope they all get you gift receipts

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

August 31st, 2008, 09:45 AM
Mum2three's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mum2three
wow! thats a bit rude! a baby shower should be full of surprises...whats the point of one when you already know what your getting.

Big hugs!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search